News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal of ''donanma iane'' 1912

Basmisirli

Dear Mr.Hasan ,

As you mentioned the size 25 mm diameter , it can not be Silver , Silver ones are 28 mm.

So it is made of Nickel or Bronze. From the picture , i feel like it is the NI (Nickel Version) .

All the best ,

Avsar

Hello Chris ,

Yes , it is about Navy.

This medal was awarded to the ones whom helped Ottoman Empire's Naval Forces during the Sultan Reshad and the Last Sultan Vahideddin periods . There are also Silver and Gold versions.

Best ,

Avsar

• 1 year later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to ask, but as you put the year 1912 in the title of this thread, Is this medal established during the Balkan war? Is this the famous cruiser Hamiddiye on the medal? And would you help me to read something more about the medal in English? After all we are commemorating 100 years of the war this year, neighbour...

Edited by Stormbringer

Sorry to ask, but as you put the year 1912 in the title of this thread, Is this medal established during the Balkan war? Is this the famous cruiser Hamiddiye on the medal? And would you help me to read something more about the medal in English? After all we are commemorating 100 years of the war this year, neighbour...

Hello Stormbringer ,

This medal was estanlished in 1912 but before the 1st Balkan war starts , i mean the medal established in 28 August 1912 but the Balkan war starts in 8 October 1912 . It is not definitely mentioned as Hamidiye battleship , maybe it is but can be a general image from Ottoman navy . As there is a special another medal for Hamidiye battleship .

About the writing on the medal in English ;

There is the Tughra of the Sultan 5th Mehmed ( Reshad ) under it the date of the medal established and on the reverse the picture of a battleship from Ottoman Navy and it is written under the ship as " The Medal of the donation to Ottoman Empire Navy " .

And Mr. Demir; it is a nice and rare award document of this medal but the ornamentation , garnish ( In Turkish we call it Teship ) up of the gold inlaid Tughra are later made , there is no such type of original document for Ottoman Medal awards . ( I mean the Teship flowers on the Tughra ) .

Avsar Ibar

Hello Stormbringer ,

This medal was estanlished in 1912 but before the 1st Balkan war starts , i mean the medal established in 28 August 1912 but the Balkan war starts in 8 October 1912 . It is not definitely mentioned as Hamidiye battleship , maybe it is but can be a general image from Ottoman navy . As there is a special another medal for Hamidiye battleship .

About the writing on the medal in English ;

There is the Tughra of the Sultan 5th Mehmed ( Reshad ) under it the date of the medal established and on the reverse the picture of a battleship from Ottoman Navy and it is written under the ship as " The Medal of the donation to Ottoman Empire Navy " .

And Mr. Demir; it is a nice and rare award document of this medal but the ornamentation , garnish ( In Turkish we call it Teship ) up of the gold inlaid Tughra are later made , there is no such type of original document for Ottoman Medal awards . ( I mean the Teship flowers on the Tughra ) .

Avsar Ibar

Hello Avşar,

Yes I know. I bought it with the nice figures (Tezhip) around the Tughra. It looks nice.

Best wishes

Demir

• 4 weeks later...