News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Einsatzmedaille Gefecht

Hello gentlemen,

this is the newest medal in Germany.

The german Minister of Defence Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg gives 15 soldiers on 25.11.2010 the new medal.

It is called the "Einsatzmedaille Gefecht"

The soldiers can get it, if they are in a "battle" in a foregin mission - for example afghanistan.

Ribbon is the same as for mission medals.

I will upload a few pictures.

Elvis

post-6099-065313900 1294584696_thumb.jpg

Not to poo poo on anyone who has earned one but the construction sure is shabby. It shows that the slide in craftsmanship that started in 1918 is still continuing. A shame.

Not to poo poo on anyone who has earned one but the construction sure is shabby. It shows that the slide in craftsmanship that started in 1918 is still continuing. A shame.

All German Army decorations and even the German Order of Merit are nothing but a shame for a country, which once produced the finest orders in the World in past days :speechless:

But today the government has no "Feeling" for such stupid things like orders.

The result is a cheap piece of metal with some plastics on it!

greetings

eitze

All German Army decorations and even the German Order of Merit are nothing but a shame for a country, which once produced the finest orders in the World in past days :speechless:

But today the government has no "Feeling" for such stupid things like orders.

The result is a cheap piece of metal with some plastics on it!

greetings

eitze

Hi,

Well said and truly a shame. U.S. medals are not much better in quality and the U.S. military has gone "ribbon" happy long ago.

Regards,

Sam

Does it come in a single class or 3 like the regular medal?

Hello Frank,

it is just one class (golden like the images).

You get it if you are in a mission like ISAF

AND

if you are in a combat like "troops in contact".

You earn this medal additionaly to your medal for ISAF-mission.

Thanks

Elvis

So you may have one medal for ISAF and one medal for combat that are 100% the same, the only diffirence being the clasp?

What if a german soldier have been deployed several places?

May he then wear one Service Medal for ISAF and one for UNIFIL for example?

Hi,

the combat medal is "painted" as you can see above and the standard medal isn`t.

But technically it is the same medal design, because it is cheeeeeaper :angry:

You can wear all the medals you have won. So it can look like this:

post-1183-089784400 1295030493_thumb.jpg

greetings

eitze

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

the combat medal is "painted" as you can see above and the standard medal isn`t.

But technically it is the same medal design, because it is cheeeeeaper :angry:

Hello eitze,

sorry you are on the wrong way.

The new "Einsatmedaille Gefecht" looks very similar to the standar "Einsatzmedialle", but they have to make another tool.

Because the egale is smaller an for the colors they need an extra line between.

So it is really stupid. If the spent the money for another tool, they could also change their hole design. But they don`t.

Keep in touch.

Elvis

If the spent the money for another tool, they could also change their hole design. But they don`t.

I think it is politics... Ball flach halten... approve the medal, but not something immediately recognisable... and the population will think "business as usual" and forget about it and the polemic surrounding it ...

Bundeswehr medal designs aren't really important, they don't wear them. Even during my years in Germany with NATO, I never saw a single German allowed to wear his medals. Parades, official functions, weddings, name it! Undress ribbons only. I saw 2 German officers wear their minis ONCE at an embassy function and it was in Canada.

I was on a NATO base working with many Luftwaffe colleagues in the very same shop, everytime there was a medal presentation of NATO or einsatzmedaillen, they'd look at us and say "another one for the bottom of the drawer". Quite sad...