News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

I recently have seen a patch in a grouping that has CANADA over a flying eagle which is over USA. Is this a rare patch similar to the Eagle Squadron patch?? I dont have pictures.

Thanks.

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

I recently have seen a patch in a grouping that has CANADA over a flying eagle which is over USA. Is this a rare patch similar to the Eagle Squadron patch?? I dont have pictures.

Gary

The only help I can give is to tell you that there were, pre-Pearl Harbour, a lot of Yanks in the RCAF. In fact, one base had it's sugn changed toe read "Royal California Air Force. But I've never heard that they wore anything but standard RCAF patches. Sounds very very strange. A fantasy piece, maybe?

Peter

Thanks Peter. I have yet to see the group in person. This is coming from an estate sale and includes documents and flight log pictures etc. My coworkers wife runs an estate sales company and everything I have seen come thru her doors has been original. I will know more later.

Thanks again.

Gary

Gary

The only help I can give is to tell you that there were, pre-Pearl Harbour, a lot of Yanks in the RCAF. In fact, one base had it's sugn changed toe read "Royal California Air Force. But I've never heard that they wore anything but standard RCAF patches. Sounds very very strange. A fantasy piece, maybe?

Peter

My coworkers wife runs an estate sales company and everything I have seen come thru her doors has been original. I will know more later.

Gary

Sounds legit., then. Maybe the Cdns did issue such to American vols after the USA entered the war. Love to know what you eventually find out.

Peter

Hi,

More info as follows:

Started flying with the RCAF in 1941, transfered to the USMC in 1942, trained at JAX, was missing in action / pursumed killed in the Solomon Islands actions, July 1945. Served with RCAF desigation of #9 SFTS.

Patch pictured on this page.

http://www.57rescuecanada.com

Gary

Gary

Sounds legit., then. Maybe the Cdns did issue such to American vols after the USA entered the war. Love to know what you eventually find out.

Peter

Edited by Gary B

Dear Peter and James,

My friend sold the grouping which consisted of pictures, 2 RCAF/USA patches, 2 USN Wings, a RCAF Mini wing, helmet/goggles and paper work for $900. SO I guess it was a rare grouping indeed. Thanks for your assistance.

Gary B