News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Medal Bar of 12

Here's a very unique bar that has a wide variety of foreign medals (German Iron Cross 2nd Class), (Japanese Order of the Rising Sun 6th Class) and what appears to be a unknown Czech medal on the end.

Thoughts?

Tim

Hi, hanging device on last medal looks like from Czechoslovak bravery medal. Look here: http://gmic.co.uk/in...ndpost&p=401240

Hello,

That's what I initially thought when I saw the ribbon however, the medal is not correct. I suspect a different, perhaps unofficial, medal is actually hung off the bravery ribbon normally seen on the Czech War Cross. Appears to have a sprig of linden leaves in the shape of a "V" above the medallion.

Tim

whoa- THAT is an interesting bar. The aeronautical medal is pristine. I have never seen one before. So- an air force Colonel/General?

Hi,

Yes, very interesting! What bewilders me though is the 6th class Rising Sun. If awarded to Japanese, I think a colonel would have rated at least a 4th class at a minimum and a general even higher. Though not to say foreigners received these using the same guidelines or criteria applied to the Japanese award system. I honestly don't know.

My thoughts were someone assigned in some dignitary position or foreign service type duty. Either way, by the rest of the bar, someone that had been around and seen their fair share! :cheers:

Tim

** I wanted to add that I notice the Romanian WW1 War Cross doesn't show any bars on the ribbon, so ???

Edited by Tim B

:speechless1: !!!!DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!! :speechless1:

I believe this very bar was featured on a Romanian Military Forum in the past year or so

and the opinion there as far as I recall was that it was a total fantasy put together, particularly so because of the Japanese item.

I believe it was being sold via "e-medals" of Canada in the past as well.

To late tonight (00:15) to search the Romanian forum will have a look tomorrow.

Also Number 7 was never intended to be worn as a medal, I believe they were for donations made for the Airforce to enable procurement of equipment, it has a very strange ribbon ring set up that just will not allow it to hang straight.

As Germany were the Number 1 ally I would expect the Iron Cross to precede the Japanese award, but that's my own opinion, and it could be wrong.

Also the class of Air medal at the front of the bar I think was for non-commissioned men.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hi Kev!

Yes, I thought I seen this one somewhere before and looking at some other "offers" have seen a few more that were being sold elsewhere in the past. Maybe it was emedals that had the original listings. I need to look deeper now to make sure this seller actually has these items on hand. :unsure:

His selection of German WWII badges is laughable, as most are outright obvious fakes!

On the 6th class Rising Sun, I would have figured either an NCO or enlisted man. I also think. based on the style of the medaillion and rays, it would be circa WWII at the earliest if not later pattern award. Clearly not an earlier style ('30's pattern) Rising Sun.

Thank you!! :cheers:

Tim

Edited by Tim B

http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=2991&hl=japanese+order

Post 4, page 1 from March 1 2006 features the same bar as post 1 in this topic.

There is another comment on Post 4, page 2.posted on April 3rd 2006.

I am 100% sure I saw the same medal bar being offered in the past by ebay seller "e-medals"

Edited by Kev in Deva

Isn't emedals Eugene Ursevals widow? I thought she was selling off his collection. Or is emedals someone different on eBay?

http://www.emedals.ca/index.asp

Barry Turk - OMSA #7612, OMRS # 7900

I have a Romanian bar in my possession that was bought back in 2003 via "emedals"

it was a problem free transaction, however, in and around that period "emedals"

were regularly offering quite a few Romanian Imperial bars each month, many I presume

having been obtained from the many Romanian citizens emigrating to Canada for work,

I have no intention of implying "emedals" knowingly sold a modern put together,

as in all reality in this period, very little was known about Romanian WW1 or WW2 awards.

Its quite possible (to use a term from our old friend Rick Research), Romanian "monkey fingers" were at work long before the item arrived in Canada.

Kev,

You could be correct, it might have been an old sale item shown on emedals. They do not currently have it displayed but, someone else could have bought it and is now offering it for sale. I do see other items that I saved PICs of over the last couple of years now listed by this guy, but I forgot where I saved the original PIC's from "back then".

Without a reverse PIC, I wouldn't even consider this bar but thought I remember seeing it somewhere before.

Thanks again,

Tim