News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraq Bring Backs

greg.hays

Here is some of the items I recieved from the Iraqi Soldiers:

Top left: Bayonet From an Iraqi Soldier I met in Baghdad, Iraq 2005 he took it off his side and said this is gift to you.

2 AK-47 Front Fire suppressor that I captured on a raid, to bad they would not let me have the rifles.

Bag of shrapnol fom a mortar that hit my M1A1 Abrams Tank in Samarra, Iraq in 2003.

Iraqi Helmet that was abandon on the side of the road during our patrol to the North in 2003.

Thank you for viewing:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

• Replies 92
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iraqi Army Utility Belt:

I received this as a gift from an Iraqi Officer who trained Iraqi Officers Martial Arts.

These are wooden prints that where in the Michel Aflaq masalium

While I was in Iraq, I lived in many of the Republic of Iraq buildings. The one that I will always remember is Michle Aflaq's Tomb which is in the GREEN ZONE at the end of F.O.B UNION III. I lived in the tomb with Apache Troop 8-10 CAV for our second tour in Iraq. We had a weight lifting type gym set up in the center of the tomb. My room was right across from the white marble resting place of Michle Aflaq. This is how I found my wooden photos of Michel Aflaq.

I noticed on this one a Ba'ath Party member was wearing a Ba'ath Party Medal. The photos were hidden behind a large book shelf. An Iraqi friend of mine, told me that they hung up in the masalium for his rememberence for others to come and see.

They were suppose to be distroyed, but I saved them by taking them home:

Thank you for viewing

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

This here is a very odd Item that I found in Saddam's Palace Garage at F.O.B Prosperity one of the largest Palaces in Baghdad, Iraq.

It was leaning up against the wall I ask the Sgt. in charged what they were going to do with it, he said nothing so asked if I could have it and they said yes. So I shipped it in the connex on the way back from our tour. I was told that the Iraqi people would give gifts made by them to Saddam Hussein, now if he seen them I don't know......

The person who wanted to give it to Saddam is written in arabic on the back of the art piece:

Can any one give any information about the artist's mind of what he was tring to say in the painting?

Thank you for viewing:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Brought back by HHC 133rd Inf, 34th Infantry Division "Red Bull" IRAQ 2006-2007

Iraqi Field Radio IRET was brought back by a soldier in HHC 133rd Inf, 34th Infantry Division. The radio found its way on ebay last week and I won it for $280.00. This is just another piece added to my collection of Iraqi Militaria.

If you have any information about this Iraqi field Radio please post it here:

Thank you for viewing

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Paul

I would ship the items home like uniforms, helmets, Bayonets, Field gear by the USPS. I kept all my medals with me in a tough box until it was time to go home from Iraq. I kept them with me so I could look at them and use them as reference.

I would show them to the Iraqi people so they would know what to look for. When they broght them to me I would give them a cash reward for getting it for me. Now I still buy from Iraqi dealers while I am state side, they send them to me by DHL or my U.S Contact sends them to me by USPS.

I still buy here in the states from other collectors. I love looking on e-bay for items as well, thats how I received this Iraqi Field Radio. I put up advertisments on post so all the soldiers that brought stuff back and want to part with it they call me or send me an E-mail. I buy the whole lot if they offer it up to me. I just picked up 4 helmets with the cammo, 6 canteens 2 RPG carriers, magazine holders, and a bunch of other Iraqi Field gear for $85.00, off of a U.S soldier that worked in the supply of the I.A Iraqi Army. It does not mean you have to pay some one for what it was worth. He told me it took up to much space in his garage and that he just wanted to get rid of it.

I do Know Paul, I want your Iraqi Flag for my collection: I will pay you $400.00 if you ever change your mind

I do not sell only collect Iraqi Militaria, I will be going back to Iraq in June 08 and I am going to collect every thing I can get my hands on.

Thank you For viewing

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 5 months later...

I found these from an advertisement from the VFW Iraqi war vets bring backs from their tour:

I love the Saddam Poster:

Great display Lorenzo ..Thanks

If you ever see a Childs Blue Camo Cap that matches the pattern below ..PLEASE pick it up for me !

I have an almost complete Uniform and the Poster but ..it was only missing the Cap.

From what I could find out , this is the Uniform of the "Saddam's Young Lions" (or such) ...I guess he wanted his own version of the HJ. I've been trying to find the Cap for 2 years now without any luck