News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraq Bring Backs

greg.hays

Thank you the displays are from a VFW they have them: I wish I could buy them....

Mike

Your stuff here is very nice.... The poster is a good grouping with the uniform:

Lorenzo

• 2 months later...
    • Replies 92
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great display Lorenzo ..Thanks

If you ever see a Childs Blue Camo Cap that matches the pattern below ..PLEASE pick it up for me !

I have an almost complete Uniform and the Poster but ..it was only missing the Cap.

From what I could find out , this is the Uniform of the "Saddam's Young Lions" (or such) ...I guess he wanted his own version of the HJ. I've been trying to find the Cap for 2 years now without any luck

Mike,

I contacted my friend in Iraq and I learned a lot from his reply. The uniform is for the General Fedaration of Iraqi Youth.He doesn't know the names of the three types of camouflage patterns but the blue and brown types contain the map of the Arabian Countries(from the Gulf to the Ocean) while the green type is the normal camouflage pattern.

The youth soldiers blue camo. uniform is used by those under 12 years old(primary school ages). The brown camo. uniform (like the blue one) is used by those persons between 12 to 15 years old(intermediate school ages) while the green camouflage used for those who are 16 years old and older(secondary school ages).

The youngest Youth Soldiers duties are mostly related with culture(poetry, art, speeches,songe,etc.) to Iraq,Al Ba'ath Party, Saddam.etc.

The patch on the uniform is translated as follows:

Right:General Federation 1972

Left:of Iraqi Youth 1972

Below: Youth Soldiers Organization.

The Country,the control, the work,the purpose for country's serving.

Bob

Mike,

I contacted my friend in Iraq and I learned a lot from his reply. The uniform is for the General Fedaration of Iraqi Youth.He doesn't know the names of the three types of camouflage patterns but the blue and brown types contain the map of the Arabian Countries(from the Gulf to the Ocean) while the green type is the normal camouflage pattern.

The youth soldiers blue camo. uniform is used by those under 12 years old(primary school ages). Bob

Thanks for looking into this for me Bob ...really interesting and I wonder if there were any Books Published about Saddam's "Youth Soldiers" Org.

Guest Rick Research

That's because that's what they are-- Soviet Jubilee Medals. Nothing exciting unless the 1970 Lenin Jubilee on the little square yellow and red ribbon is actually the type awarded to foreigners, in which case SOMEBODY will be very

:jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping: :cheeky:

• 1 month later...

Next up is some branch insignia. Again unless otherwise stated these all came directly from former Iraqi military. I had a chance to meet a number of former military as they were employed by KBR and helped organize a lot of KBR security.

Greg,

The insignia that you have are called rank in Iraq. It is similiar to our "collar brass" and can be worn on the collar and beret (or hat).

Upper left -Iraqi Air Force Wing rank and Armor rank

Lower left-Artillery rank,demining rank (removes mines,etc.),and electrical mechanical engineer rank.

I hope this helps in your identification.

Bob

Some more branch insignia.

Greg,

A few more identifications on your rank badges in post #3 .

Upper left-Military pharmacy rank used in both Kingdom and Republican period.Also used for military vetinarian medicine in Kingdom period.Infantry rank and communication rank.

Lower left- Lower quality beret badge used after 2000.

Lower right-Officers of H.Q. Army inside Ministry of Defense site in Baghdad rank.

Bob

Back of Painting:

Need the information "

Translated"

Thank you for viewing

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

I sent a scan of the back of the painting to my friend in Iraq and this is what he sent back.

Above and right: 805

birthday of the leader prsident field marshal

Saddam Huseyin ( Allah/God safe him)

___

Fakhri Ahmed Shareef-Mosul/Dawassa (carpentry

and decoration)

home no.252/216 C Al Glaziani Camp/area

phone 760457

I hope this helps you out. Stay safe and good luck in your search for medals and orders.

Bob

Another group rotated back and , they brought me a few new items for my display. A nice selection of AK Bayonets and a very official looking document....don't have a clue what this says but thought I'd share it with you ---

I agree Paul ...They found it during a search but even though it looks heavy duty, with my luck it's probably instructions to the Janitor to change the Mop Heads twice a week :rolleyes:

I'll start a new Thread on it in case Bob or one of the other members can translate it ..who knows ? It's from the Prim Min Office so , it could turn out to be interesting.

I agree Paul ...They found it during a search but even though it looks heavy duty, with my luck it's probably instructions to the Janitor to change the Mop Heads twice a week :rolleyes:

I'll start a new Thread on it in case Bob or one of the other members can translate it ..who knows ? It's from the Prim Min Office so , it could turn out to be interesting.

It could be the order to initiate the plan over thow Saddam!! Would that not be a riot! LOL

• 2 months later...