News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bolivia Order of the Condor

I recently purchased this Bolivian Order of the Condor having admired the design and workmanship on this order for quite some time. In trying to gather information on this order I have found very little information as follows:

The Order of the Condor of the Andes(Orden Nacional del Cóndor de los Andes)is a medal of the Bolivian government. Instituted on April 12, 1925, the Order is awarded for exceptional merit, either civil or military, shown by Bolivians or foreign nationals. There are six grades: Collar, Grand Cross, Grand Officer, Commander, Officer, and Knight. The order is still in existence and is awarded by the Bolivian government.

I am seeking any additional information on the history of this order and would be grateful for any additional information that GMIC members could provide.

Were there other makers beside Arthus Bertrand of this order? How many of these medals were issued? Also any other photos of various types members have in their collections posted to this thread would be great!

Many Thanks,

Marcus

I recently purchased this Bolivian Order of the Condor having admired the design and workmanship on this order for quite some time. In trying to gather information on this order I have found very little information as follows:

The Order of the Condor of the Andes(Orden Nacional del Cóndor de los Andes)is a medal of the Bolivian government. Instituted on April 12, 1925, the Order is awarded for exceptional merit, either civil or military, shown by Bolivians or foreign nationals. There are six grades: Collar, Grand Cross, Grand Officer, Commander, Officer, and Knight. The order is still in existence and is awarded by the Bolivian government.

I am seeking any additional information on the history of this order and would be grateful for any additional information that GMIC members could provide.

Were there other makers beside Arthus Bertrand of this order? How many of these medals were issued? Also any other photos of various types members have in their collections posted to this thread would be great!

Many Thanks,

Marcus

Marcus,

Bertrand is the main manufacturer, however there are insignia manufactured by La Royale of Rio de Janiero.

Paul