News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Air Force cap badges

TacHel

The picture above shows the transition for air force officers' cap badges from the Soviet Era to today.

1991 to 1994 transition period where many service people wore the Soviet badges well into 1994.

1994 saw the new orange and black Russian cockade and national eagle common to all services and ministries.

1997 saw the new pattern eagles representing individual ministries and departments. (Here Defense Min)

2010 saw the air force readopting its wings and star.

Maybe Russia is moving back in more ways than one...

Personally, I wouldn't read too much out of it... They got their nice new blue air force uniform and I think they're trying to truly identify themselves from the army. A feeling I can really relate to.

Good information, TacHel! But do you read Kibovski\Stepanov's 3-part book about uniform of Russian Empire\Soviet\Russian Federation Air Force? It's great source, on my mind!

No, I have no reference books on Russian uniforms, only on Soviet and Russian awards.