News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military Lodges and Associations

wm5806

Greetings to all the Masonic collectors and hopefully a few military collectors who may stray this way!

Here's the first of two postings:

A Founder's jewel for the New Zealand Expeditionary Force Masonic Association that has two bars stating "Founded in" and "France 1917". The jewel is made by Kenning and Son of London, from 18ct gold and appears to be dated 1923. There is also a name and number engraved on the back.

Can anyone tell me anything about this Association, please?

Yrs,

WM5806

[attachmentid=22243]

And here's the second Masonic item with military associations:

It's a jewel from the Lodge of Antiquity in Montreal, celebrating their 150th jubilee in 1902. Interestingly, it also has on it "46", "South Devon", "Dominica" and "Sevastopol". I assume this to be a reference to the 46th Regiment of Foot which were known as the South Devons, I believe. I also believe these to be their battle honours.

Can anyone tell me if there was a lodge that travelled with the regiment that settled in Montreal?

Does the Lodge still exist?

Would be grateful for any information. Have looked in Lane's Miltary Lodges without any luck.

Regards,

WM5806

[attachmentid=22244]

W.M 5806 if you are not already aware the 'Circuit of Service Lodges' have a presence on the 'net. Haven't got the URL to hand though.

There are also 2 Lodges with Travelling Warrants working under the Irish Constitution - Glittering Star (Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters) and St. Patrick's (Dragoon Guards).

Forgive me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!! :speechless: I'm still a :unsure: F.C for the present!!!!