News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BURKINA FASO

heusy68

• Replies 71
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
    • 10 months later...
    • 2 years later...

Possible immediate post independence Order of Agricultural Development????

[reverse plain but bears a Gardino Succ Cravanzola, Roma circular plate]. Plants in lower medallion appear to be cotton or cocoa pods. Grand Cross insignia only a badge & sash? Perhaps a manufacturer's sample?? Sorry for small image.

BURKINA FASO, ORDINE DELLO SVILUPPO AGRICOLO, GRAN CROCE

131180887343_1.jpg

Excellent question; while cotton plants appear to be one of the 'original Upper Volta symbols' and incorporated into first type National Order design, gilt star on red ground seems not. Burkinabe national symbology currently promotes red and green with gold star -- cotton representation in very minor role now. Maybe this is a never implemented project sample dating from pre-1993 revisions? Though red and green are major Burkinabe colors, Sash looks to be repurposed Italian Merit Order production.

Manufacturer presumably knew what it was -- 20 years later, possibility of incomplete/non-existent records of what may be a 'one-off' could confuse issue.

Gentlemen,

Perhaps a silly question but why would Cravanzola be making an award for Burkina Faso? I know the company made Somali awards - could this be one - five pointed star with a single star device on the shield - admittedly no blue and white colours. Did Somalia have a cotton industry? As noted the sash may not be appropriate. Perhaps a long shot I know?

Regards,

Owain

• 1 month later...

Hello Gentlemen,

Here is a good photo of the Order of Merit Burkinabé (with clasp Amitié Coopération = Friendship & Cooperation) from Burkina Faso & an exemple of award document.

Badge is 36 millimeters in diameter.

Emmanuel

Here is Burkina Faso : Ordre des Arts & Lettres et de la Communication

It's a Knight badge (Chevalier) with clasp "Musique Danse"

On the reverse there is the maker mark : MARCK from France, but someone tried to "burned it" ....!!! ???

Gladly just a small part of the reverse is a bit damaged.

Long time ago on this post Dragomir show us the award document.

Now I can show the badge itself.

Diameter : 35 millimeters and very thick : 4 millimeters !!!

Weight : 34 grammes.

Emmanuel

Here is Burkina Faso : Ordre du Merite de la Jeunesse et des Sports.

Order of Merit of Sports & Youth, awarded to Mohammed Morchid from Company Sonatel.

Picture is of bad quality, but better than nothing.

I never saw this Order in real.

All specific awards of Burkina Faso (I mean Orders & Medals awarded by ministries) are very hard to get.

Emmanuel

• 3 months later...

Hello Gentlemen, at last I catch a correct picture of Burkina Faso Ordre du Merite Commercial et Industriel (Order of Commercial & Industrial Merit).

Here with clasp : COMMERCE, so I guess that there shall exist a clasp : INDUSTRIE

If anyone has one for sale, I'am always ready to buy.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Another nice detailed picture of what is said : Medaille du Merite National. (here with clasp : ACTION SOCIAL, which means for achievment in the field of social healthcare).

Actually it's the same medal that the medal awarded to Lucien Naré (from a post I did some years ago). Lucien Naré who got his own medal, but probably with a different clasp for his action for the acess of blind people to braille typing machine & braille keyboard for computer.

If anyone know one such a medal for sale, I'am ready to buy.

Regards.

Emmanuel

• 1 year later...
    • 2 years later...

Hello Gentlemen, patience pays.

Even if I have still NOT get for myself a Medal of Honor of the Police of Burkina Faso, here is at lest the best photo I have been able to get. On 10 February 2012, Pierre Michel Pons was awarded this medal. It is interesting to mention that he was in 2010 also awarded Knight of the National Order of Burkina Faso.

http://pierre-michel-pons.com/?Médaille_d’honneur_de_la_Police_Nationale 

I hope you can enjoy.

Best regards to all.

Emmanuel

Burkina Faso Medaille d'Honneur de la Police to Pierre Michel Pons.jpg

Edited by heusy68

And here is link, in french, on the ceremony held on 28 December 2017, on awards of the Medals by the Police of Burkina Faso.

186 Medals were awarded, but only 123 of them were Medal of Honor of the Police. The 63 others were United Nations Medals.

https://academiedepolice.bf/index.php/2-uncategorised/264-ceremonie-de-decoration-la-police-nationale-recompense-le-travail-de-ses-agents 

The link exist only in french, but at least it's better than nothing.

Best regards.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

6 hours ago, heusy68 said:

patience pays

Indeed!  Good luck with the continued hunt for an example of your own, as I suspect they must be fairly uncommon.  Any idea why this recipient got the award? 

The only time I was in Burkina Faso - 35 years ago - many of the senior police officials in the former French colonies - 'Haute Volta' as it was then, Chad, & Niger - were Frenchmen,  many apparently on secondment from the Army.  And on my only visit to Paris, in 2015, I ran across a very large group of African police officers from those countries, presumably there on a course, so I wonder if there are still close ties between the French and Franco-African police forces.

Peter

Edited by peter monahan

• 2 years later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen,

After years and years of infructueuse research on the net, at last, I now I have found good photo from the Burkina Faso Medal of Honor of the Police.

There was a award ceremony to 126 Officers of the Police on 27 December 2019.

At least we now know what this medal looks like.

https://burkina24.com/2019/12/27/burkina-le-merite-de-126-agents-de-police-reconnu/ 

If anyone might have this medal, and wish to barter or sell, it, I'am always open.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Burkina Faso Ceremonie de Relise de Medaille d'Honneur de la Police 27 Decembre 2019.jpg

Burkina Faso Medaille d'Honneur de la Police.jpg

Edited by heusy68

• 2 months later...

Hello Gentlemen, here are some good photo of Order of Merit of Youth & Sport Officer.

Likely it's an Officer, on a case of a Knight ( Chevalier ).

As ounce can see, it seems now it's ELM from Singapore who manufacture them. Also the white carton box to protect the case is typical of ELM.

Initially Arthus Bertrand and Marck from Paris were manufactured the Orders & Medals for Burkina Faso, but it seems time are changing.

We have to credit Karhu who provided me, with these photo.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Burkina Faso Ordre du Merite de la Jeunesse et des Sports in its ELM Case 2.JPG

Burkina Faso Ordre du Merite de la Jeunesse et des Sports in its ELM Case 1.JPG

Burkina Faso Ordre du Merite de la Jeunesse et des Sports Officer by ELM (3).JPG

Burkina Faso Ordre du Merite de la Jeunesse et des Sports Officer by ELM.JPG

Edited by heusy68