News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I purcased this not-so-well preserved empty bar from Franco-Prussian war and i'd like to restore it. I know there should be a Prussian commemorative medal 1870 on the left and centenary medal on the right, but what's in the middle? Bavarian 1866 cross, or long service medal or cross? Or anything else? What would be the most interesting - but yet completely legit combination?

Hello:

The ribbon in the middle belongs to a Bavarian 1866 Campaign Cross.

This is a rather common group. A perfect and complete example of this group with these awards can probably be found in Germany for the same amount that you will have to pay for the individual awards during the restoration process.

Best regards

Gentlemen,

thank you very much for your input!

Maybe it was not the wisest purcase, but it will surely be fun and excitement by completing it. Of course I will post the final product.

Regards, Valter