Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I purcased this not-so-well preserved empty bar from Franco-Prussian war and i'd like to restore it. I know there should be a Prussian commemorative medal 1870 on the left and centenary medal on the right, but what's in the middle? Bavarian 1866 cross, or long service medal or cross? Or anything else? What would be the most interesting - but yet completely legit combination?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


The ribbon in the middle belongs to a Bavarian 1866 Campaign Cross.

This is a rather common group. A perfect and complete example of this group with these awards can probably be found in Germany for the same amount that you will have to pay for the individual awards during the restoration process.

Best regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...