News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Remnants of Saddam Hussein’s Artillery Pieces

Guest IMHF

• Replies 115
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have posted this before, but this BMP and AA gun are supposed to right where the Iraqis left them in Kuwait City. They are on the outside of what is now the Kuwait National Museum for the 1990-91 Gulf War. Scott.

2647365430105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

While at war with Iraq, this is the type of ZSU-23 I liked to see :P . Scott

2548795770105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Scott

Very nice photo it looks like someone stripped the Fire Control Radar Gun dish. This ZSU 23-4 could be an earlier version.

Lorenzo

Iraqi SP guns at Al-Taji in 2003. Scott

2532432150105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Scott

This is another very nice photo you took of some 2S3 M-1974 with the 152 mm self propelled Howitzer they were used by the USSR during the WARSAW PACT.

Lorenzo

Scott

This is another very nice photo you took of some 2S3 M-1974 with the 152 mm self propelled Howitzer they were used by the USSR during the WARSAW PACT.

Lorenzo

These bad boys can easily be confused to our U.S. M109 during combat.

Lorenzo

Another non artillery piece, but this is for Dan. This is an Iraqi T-62 after the battle of Khafji in Feb 1991. It is being hauled away by the Egyptian Army. So maybe other countries liked to get their share of trophies as well :cheers: . Scott.

2565392170105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

I have posted this before, but this BMP and AA gun are supposed to right where the Iraqis left them in Kuwait City. They are on the outside of what is now the Kuwait National Museum for the 1990-91 Gulf War. Scott.

2647365430105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Scott

I am still trying to figure out what that piece of armor is on the right I know that it is not a BMP.

Lorenzo

Another non artillery piece, but this is for Dan. This is an Iraqi T-62 after the battle of Khafji in Feb 1991. It is being hauled away by the Egyptian Army. So maybe other countries liked to get their share of trophies as well :cheers: . Scott.

2565392170105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Scott

This here is a T-54/55 the T-54 model did not have the Bore evacuator on the gun tube. The T-55 models the Bore evacuators were added but at the tip of the main gun. The Chinese Type 69 had the same type gun with the bore evacuator at the tip but this tank in the image does not have the high speed side skirts like the Type 69.

Lorenzo

Scott

This here is a T-54/55 the T-54 model did not have the Bore evacuator on the gun tube. The T-55 models the Bore evacuators were added but at the tip of the main gun. The Chinese Type 69 had the same type gun with the bore evacuator at the tip but this tank in the image does not have the high speed side skirts like the Type 69.

Lorenzo

I wonder why these armored pieces were being sent to Egypt?

Lorenzo

Scott

I am still trying to figure out what that piece of armor is on the right I know that it is not a BMP.

Lorenzo

Well I guess it was a BMP I was thinking it was the MBLT, I wonder what happen to the turret?

Lorenzo

ZSU 23-4 Air Defense armored vehicle side view with lots of arabic writting.

Lorenzo

I found out some information about the Arabic writing on the side of the ZSU 23-4

"In the name of God most merciful and gracious".

According to my knowledge, 3 units of the Republican Guard had used this writing on their Armor.

Hamurabi unit of the Allahu-Akbar corps, and Madina units of the Fateh corps.

Lorenzo

This is another Image I took on the move in Mosul, Iraq 2003.

Left: SA-9. Which is like a BRDM this baby holds High Explosive fragmentation warheads that have a radius of 5 meters.

Right: Is a BTR 60 with a very nice tone of camouflage patterns.

Lorenzo

Here is another on the move image of an Iraqi damged BMP I took in Mosul in 2003. I guess when it saw some American Muscle in M1A1 Abrams Tanks it put its guns up.

Lorenzo

Fantastic pics guys! This is also a treasure trove for any model/diorama makers out there dealing in this subject matter. Every pic is much appreciated. But more so than that, the service each and every one of you have performed/are performing over there... your sacrifices, time away from homes and family is DEEPLY APPRECIATED!!!! beer.gif All you guys and gals in the military are the best bar none!

Thanks!

Dan cheers.gif

Edited by Hauptman