News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

If any member is interested in the operations of 'Z' Force in Somaliland in 1920 then the National Archives has laid on a wonderful exhibition for you at:

http://www.flickr.co...57625827328771/

then click on Somalia.

(You can dig out some interesting military pictures on the other countries' links also.)

Harry

A raw and inhospitable place - as the photos clearly show. Our pilots were brave - if they came down it was probably death. We have fought a number of campaigns there - and as with Afghanistan - all were a waste of time. I believe the big thing at present, is for them to get residency in the UK. Interesting ref. Harry - thankyou.

Somaliland (a former British protectorate see map at: http://www.kaiserscr...001/257522.html ) wants to dissasociate itself from Somalia (mainly a former Italian administered territory) and be independent.

As it looks like Southern Sudan will soon be independent, why not?

An independent Somaliland would allow us to re-build broken bridges into the Horn of Africa and counter problems that we presently face there.

Harry

• 7 years later...

I would have liked to access the story on RAF operations in Somaliland in 1920 as we currently curating an exhibition on Somaliland involvement in WW1 at Brent Museums, London. 

Kind regards. 

Rhoda Ibrahim