News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Genuine Order of Mejidie?

drclaw

This is currently available on ebay from Australia (Elite militaria) for around USD 695.

As someone who is still learning about these orders, the item would appear to raise some concerns for an "1860 Crimea War Grand Cross":

(1) star and crescents placed on top the tallest rays, as opposed to between them

(2) centre appears to be a lighter shade of red, as opposed to a deep dark red

(3) rear - appears to be a single cast piece as opposed to separate "leaves" joined together

(4) very "shiny" for a 150 year old item.

Would I be correct? Are there any other details of this particular item that also jump out as concerns? I am keen to develop my knowledge on what are a very beautiful category of orders.

Greetings Drclaw and welcome to our forum.

If you bought the one from broof, then be sure it's genuine ,he doesn't sell fakes as he is a very decent seller.

Regards

Emanuel

Thanks Emanuel. Yes I did buy the one from broof and pleased to be dealing with a decent seller. He has lovely items and his webstore (Rarusnet) is a great source of information.

I also purchased a Greek post-1974 Order of the Phoenix from the same auction - one of the most beautiful orders I have ever seen.

All the best.

Thanks Emanuel. Yes I did buy the one from broof and am pleased to be dealing with a decent seller. He has lovely items and his webstore (Rarusnet) is a great source of information.

I also purchased a Greek post-1974 Order of the Phoenix from the same auction.

All the best.

Hello ,

The item which broof is selling in Rarusnet , 2nd Class Medjidie Breast Star , item number 000577 is also a FAKE . He listed it on ebay a while ago too . Now you can see it in Rarusnet web page.

Best Wishes ,

Avsar Ibar

Hello ,

The item which broof is selling in Rarusnet , 2nd Class Medjidie Breast Star , item number 000577 is also a FAKE . He listed it on ebay a while ago too . Now you can see it in Rarusnet web page.

Best Wishes ,

Avsar Ibar

Avsar,

Yes !

So Gentlemen there is no end to this. You believe somebody and what you see next, they are also selling fake.

And there are others who think they can sell anything. (Check my recent thread)

On the other hand are we doing good by showing the points why they are fakes, so that they will produce new ones matching these points also?

Regards

I did notice that particular item and the description "Turkish manufacturer". Hopefully Rarusnet would do the right thing when people "Ask Us About a Price" by disclosing it is a fake.

I wish to say how much I valued the genorosity of contributors on this forum in sharing their advice and years of knowledge. It certainly helped me avoid this particular Australian fake when I saw it on ebay three weeks ago.

There is nothing more discouraging for a newbie, and damaging to the hobby, to discover his first item to be a fake. The advice on this forum certainly helps people avoid that.

Avsar, I learnt from one of the other posters that you have a shop in Istanbul. I've sent you an email through your website (www.avsaribar.com). I'd like to return your genorosity by supporting your shop if I can.

Hello , it is ok and a beautiful piece .

Can not see the color of the centre where the Tughra located . If the centrer is silver , it is 5th class if it is gold or gold plated , it is a 4th class .

Best Wishes,

Avsar

Hello Avsar.

:)

is gold plated !

I'm happy to acquire a true order and a great price!

I'll take better photos.

I was impressed with the amount of fakes on sale...:mad:

lambert

Edited by lambert

• 3 months later...

Hi,

This is elitemilitaria, just to let this forum know that we in fact never sold this particular ORDER OF MEJIDIE. Turkish Orders are a new field of collecting for us and we purchased this Order as an ORIGINAL from a well known dealer in Turkey. Once we were informed that it was an incredibly well made reproduction we immediately closed the auction and made a claim through PayPal for a full refund. This particular Order was mailed back to the seller in Turkey and was never sold by us.

The learning process never stops and somethimes errors are made, collecting rare World Orders is a total joy for us, and especially contstant continuation of the learning process, which goes with collecting each World Order.

Thanking you, members of this forum for your knowlege shared,

best regards from the team at

Elitemilitaria

Hi,

This is elitemilitaria, just to let this forum know that we in fact never sold this particular ORDER OF MEJIDIE. Turkish Orders are a new field of collecting for us and we purchased this Order as an ORIGINAL from a well known dealer in Turkey. Once we were informed that it was an incredibly well made reproduction we immediately closed the auction and made a claim through PayPal for a full refund. This particular Order was mailed back to the seller in Turkey and was never sold by us.

The learning process never stops and somethimes errors are made, collecting rare World Orders is a total joy for us, and especially contstant continuation of the learning process, which goes with collecting each World Order.

Thanking you, members of this forum for your knowlege shared,

best regards from the team at

Elitemilitaria

:beer:

• 1 year later...

Looks like it is still on sale there as non genuine: http://www.rarusnet.com/product_info.php?products_id=10691

I recently decided to expand my interest in Ottoman memorabilia from coins into other aspects and just acquired a Medjidie star as well. It looked good to me, but after reading this thread, I'm a bit unsure. Any thoughts? Thanks!

592663529_o.jpg592663459_o.jpg

Hello ,

Best Wishes ,

Avsar Ibar

Edited by snsyed

Hello Syed ,

As i mentioned in private message to your question to me , i am sorry to tell you but this Medjidie order is totally fake.

I explained to you from where i understand in my previous private message.

All the best ,

Avsar IBAR

Hi,

Sorry to inform you that this medal has been made by a person who made it sure that it can be easily identified as fake. If you check a genuine Mecidi medal you will see 5 rays in between the star and crescents and the ray in the middle is the longest. In this case there is none or the shortest. Regards