News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NIGER MEDALS & SPECIFIC MERIT ORDERS LIST

heusy68

Here is a link of the Journal Officiel de la République du Niger

https://www.icao.int/sustainability/Compendium/Lists/CompetitionSurvey2015/Attachments/32/JournalOfficiel-17-1992_fr.pdf 

As you can see, in 1992, just 1 Medal of Silver Gilt (2nd Class), 6 Silver Medal (3rd Class), and 15 Bronze Medal (4th Class).

As these 2 medals from my collection came from Arthus Bertrand directly for the 2nd Class, and indirectly (through an auction), for the 1st Class, I may believe, that in Paris, they may have kept a very few 1st & 2nd Class Medals in stock, but as very few were awarded there was still 1 or 2 in the last years.

Best regards.

Emmanuel

Niger Medal of Honour of Public Health Text 1992 a.png

Niger Medal of Honour of Public Health Text 1992 b.png

Capture d’écran 2019-03-05 à 01.55.35.png

Capture d’écran 2019-03-05 à 01.55.58.png

Edited by heusy68

And now, and I believe it's the first time, you will see this medal. It's Medal for Oversea's Service of Niger.

I was even close to believe that this medal had not been made in France, and maybe some were made locally. But with constance searching you find something. So here it is, and that one was made by Arthus Bertrand from Paris (their mark is on reverse side at 4 O'Clock).

The medal is 36 Millimeters in diameters, and tickness is 2,5 Millimeters.

Ribbon is orange 36 Millimeters width, with 3 light "grey blue" stripes, each 2 Millimeters width on the center.

Dave Danner shall be credited for having found the very good photo of General Djibo Salou. You can see that a lapel with the country name is worn on ribbon, (at east when ribbon alone is wear).

RDC is for Republic Democratic of Congo (ex Zaire), and RCI is for Republic de Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast).

This medal was instituted in 1992, and was first awarded to the troops of Niger who took part in Desert Shield 1990-1991.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Niger Medaille Commemorative des Operations Extérieures obverse- Oversea's Operation Medal obverse small size.jpg

Niger Medaille Commemorative des Operations Extérieures obverse- Oversea's Operation Medal  reverse small size.jpg

Niger Medaille Commemorative des Operations Extérieures obverse- Oversea's Operation Medal Makers Mark Arthus Bertrand.jpg

Niger General Djibo Salou.jpg

Niger General Djibo Salou ribbon bar.jpg

Niger Salou Djibo.jpg

Edited by heusy68

• 3 years later...