News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all!

After receiving this nice document of the brunswick Landwehr-Bezirks-Kommando I need your help.

According to HuS (Hessenthal und Schreiber) the brunswick Landwehr-DA was given from 11.12.1879 to members of the brunswick forces. In my oppinion the brunswick forces are seperated from the prussians, minimum till 1886, the start of the military convention with prussia. So the Landwehr-DA of brunswick (the blue one with only the "W") was given between this dates, btw. 1879 and 1886.

This certificate say, there was a Landwehr-DA given to the Unteroffizier of the 40th Infantery at the 1st october 1879 with date of 29th august, same year. The stamp clearly seen was not a prussian, but a brunswick one. So: Got the man the prussian Landwehr-DA, or is the information about giving the brunswick ones at HuS wrong and he receive the brunswick DA?

What do you think - or: does anyone have infarmation to help?

Thanks in advance

westfale

Edited by westfale

Signed by Oberstlieutenant z.D. Karl Gustav Arthur v. Erichsen, commander of 2. Bataillon Herzogl. Braunschw. Landwehr-Regiment Nr. 92 since 5 July 1872. He had been awarded the EK1 as commander of II./I.R. 92 during the Franco-German War.

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J

Signed by Oberstlieutenant z.D. Karl Gustav Arthur v. Erichsen, commander of 2. Bataillon Herzogl. Braunschw. Landwehr-Regiment Nr. 92 since 5 July 1872. He had been awarded the EK1 as commander of II./I.R. 92 during the Franco-German War.

Uupps - Thanks for this interesting details about Col. Erichsen, Glenn!

Like so many times before i am surprised of all the background details you can give all of us!

Regards from Germany

Jürgen

The prussian DA showed up from 18th March 1886 in Braunschweig( military confention with Prussia)

So it can only be the Brunswick DA with the cyper "W",

Sorry,I cant translate the following:

Die braunschweiger DA wurde ab dem 11.12.1879 verliehen.

durch Verordnung Nr.74 vom 30.12.1879 für Personen des beurlaubten-Verhältnisses,die nach vorwurfsfrei erfüllter gesetzlicher Dienstpflicht in der Reserve oder Landwehr einen Feldzug mitgemacht oder mindestens im gamzen drei Monate zum aktiven Dienst einberufen gewesen sind.(Quelle:Arbeitsberichte Reckewell/Fischer)

Somit könnte meiner Meinung auch für die 3 Monate rückwirkend verliehen werden.

Gruß

Marco

Uupps - Thanks for this interesting details about Col. Erichsen, Glenn!

Like so many times before i am surprised of all the background details you can give all of us!

Regards from Germany

Jürgen

Edited by Nunquam retrorsum