News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BB&B Bailey, Banks & Biddle Co. Catalog 1928

Hauptmann

I followed your link Sarge, and saw your album "(1980) Officer's & N.C.O. Rank Insignia: Saint John's Ambulance Brigade".

I should tell you that SJAB does not use military ranks like lieutenant, captain, major and colonel. The correct nomenclature is to be found here

Otherwise a lovely site!

And thanks also to Hauptman!!

Edited by Archer

I followed your link Sarge, and saw your album "(1980) Officer's & N.C.O. Rank Insignia: Saint John's Ambulance Brigade".

I should tell you that SJAB does not use military ranks like lieutenant, captain, major and colonel. The correct nomenclature is to be found here

Otherwise a lovely site!

And thanks also to Hauptman!!

Dear Archer: Quite correct, but! Someone somewhere listed them that way in one place and in another used proper titles, what can I say? I've never been to Australia or England, but have been to Canada, did not see the members of the Saint John's Ambulance Brigade. Have had to scrounge for the pictures I did manage to acquire. Malaysia appears to use some sort of crown in place of the Maltese cross and scroll below for rank insignia along with pips? Hardest to find were the warrant officer rank insignia, did not locate the highest grade? I bought three books from the Saint John's Ambulance Brigade in Australia and see some sellers want a pound of flesh for them, but I show the scans free of charge! I'll try to correct errors unfortunately bound to happen and greatly appreciate your letting me know, Archer! Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker of Tujunga (booker1942@yahoo.com) :catjava:

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!"

Have many of the booklets/catalogues of BB&B at http://picasaweb.goo...1942?feat=email (Booker's Free Web Library) you can download for free and use however you wish! :Cat-Scratch: Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker of Tujunga (booker1942@yahoo.com) :catjava:

REF #4:

FANTASTIC selections! Thanks for sharing!

Ed

Have to agree. Where do you find the time, Sarge?

ARCHER: I make the time and am at my computer either scanning my extensive library of insignia, medal, and uniform books or I am adding scans to http://picasaweb.google.com/booker1942?feat=email and right now there are 817 albums at the Booker's Free Web Library. If I do not do it, who will, Archer? Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker of Tujunga ( booker1942@yahoo.com ) :catjava:

Not sure if anyone else has this problem or not, but my computer locked up twice accessing that link in post #1. Happens when I try to exit and I have to hard shutdown my laptop to close it. :mad: Anyway, you have to be a Facebook member to download the BB&B catalog and I won't be using that link again.

Haven't had a chance to start looking through the information that Sarge Booker provided, but it looks great what I have seen! Thank you for your efforts!

:beer:

Tim

Not sure if anyone else has this problem or not, but my computer locked up twice accessing that link in post #1. Happens when I try to exit and I have to hard shutdown my laptop to close it. :mad: Anyway, you have to be a Facebook member to download the BB&B catalog and I won't be using that link again.

Haven't had a chance to start looking through the information that Sarge Booker provided, but it looks great what I have seen! Thank you for your efforts!

:beer:

Tim

TIM: Yes, the other websites like FACEBOOK do things to make life difficult unless you join them, however I do not require anyone join or even sign up as friends unless they want to do so on their own. Everything I have is for others to use and enjoy without all those strings attached. I've got quite a lot of BB&B including an almost rare book on medals of military socities. eBay sellers sell information they got from me or from my website, however it does not matter to me if someone wants to sell CDs, they probably need the money what with inflation! Here I am pictured with my tomcat named Clovis Lee Booker II, he is not at all happy wearing the Christmas cap, if you were a cat, would you like for others to see you like this? http://picasaweb.google.com/booker1942?feat=email :cat: Sarge Booker of Tujunga

Many apologies for any problems the link in my original post caused. No idea what the problem is as when I click the link it goes right to the catalogue... I can scroll down page by page through the entire publication and exit with no problems at all. Don't know if it matters but I use Google Chrome as my browser. I used to use only Internet Explorer but got really tired of it locking up, shutting down, having glitches, security loopholes, etc. I've yet to have problems with Chrome. But re: the link, when I pull it up there's nothing about facebook, having to join anything or register... nothing like that at all. Just the publication. Before I posted I previewed the post, checked to make sure the link worked (which for me it did) so I posted.

When I found it I thought I'd share the discovery as others might be intro'd in the information contained therein, but I had no desire to cause anyone any problems on their systems.

Again, very sorry. blush.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Many apologies for any problems the link in my original post caused. No idea what the problem is as when I click the link it goes right to the catalogue... I can scroll down page by page through the entire publication and exit with no problems at all. Don't know if it matters but I use Google Chrome as my browser. I used to use only Internet Explorer but got really tired of it locking up, shutting down, having glitches, security loopholes, etc. I've yet to have problems with Chrome. But re: the link, when I pull it up there's nothing about facebook, having to join anything or register... nothing like that at all. Just the publication. Before I posted I previewed the post, checked to make sure the link worked (which for me it did) so I posted.

When I found it I thought I'd share the discovery as others might be intro'd in the information contained therein, but I had no desire to cause anyone any problems on their systems.

Again, very sorry. blush.gif

Dan cheers.gif

DAN: Please go to http://picasaweb.google.com/booker1942?feat=email (Booker's Free Web Library) and see the complete 1928 issue of the BB&B booklet/catalogue! Sarge Booker of Tujunga :Cat-Scratch: