Red Cross Collection

Nice collection. I have a few medals and badges mainly British Red Cross. Some are from WW1 & WW2. :rolleyes:

I also have a german Red Cross ladies badge with swastika and Japanese Red Cross medal plus a Japanese lacquerware dish celebrating Red Cross anniversary.

It's a different area to collect but still as enjoyable as collecting military medals, badges etc.

I did post mine last year but can't remember in which section. :speechless:

Nice collection though and well presented in their frame!

Found it! "Wartime Red Cross collection", page 3 of this section, collectors showcase if you are interested?:D

I looked at your "Wartime Red Cross Collection". You have some nice medals and named too!!! I bid on some British Red Cross medals years ago but always got outbid. That's the way it goes. Thanks for sharing your collection.

Bob

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my WW I portuguese Red Cross medal awarded to an ambulance personnel, with the Ambleteuse bar (portuguese military expeditionary corps hospital on the WWI France front)...

33bg50o.jpg

Edited by peron

Outstanding Portuguese medalS! Wait until Tom Fife see these! I did not know they even existed. Yes you can still get red cross medals by joining certain organizations. I think the Japanese, Cambodian and Ethiopian Red Cross still issue medals to donor too.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...