News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More Insanity?

Dieter3

Well, it looks pretty nice, but that's more than I'd pay for it! Not sure that I'd go as far as pure insanity in this case though. It is complete, and not in bad condition.

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I've seen this trend as well in several areas, not only Japanese or British ODM's. I think you'll find this can be seasonal as well due to people being outside more and longer in the summer months.

I always have more competition when auctions end on weekends.:banger: Like you said, more time to play online as most people are off work and Sunday traditionally is more of a day off compared to Saturday.

Now, don't spread the word...:ninja:

Tim

I sell on ebay, too, and since my over half of my buyers are from outside the US (mostly European countries, and tons of bidders from Russia), changing the time period to fit a European model has helped me a bit. So it's not always about the US buyers. The higher prices may also reflect non-English speaking bidders who are not able to easily access the completed listings on ebay. Also, I have heard that prices for Japanese medals in some countries and regions (where people who do not have knowledge of and/or access to ebay are living) are fairly high.

Edited by fukuoka

• 1 month later...

Very interesting set of documents went on Yahoo! Japan this AM, looks like to two buyers with deep pockets!! The auctions went on for quite some time, interesting to watch the back-and-forth bids! Looks like the recipient of these documents had a long career from the Russo-Japan War thru WWII - based on which documents were being sold. His Russo-Japan campaign medal certificate went for 22,000 yen, nearly $250!! All of the documents went for big money - this one went for about the going price of the the actual medal itself, a Sacred Treasure 2nd Class document in not so great condition for 101,000 yen. Phew!! This may or may not be insane, I don't know anything about the recipient - but somebody here will, and this must explain the high prices - I hope! Any info on this person would be appreciated!

Edited by Dieter3

Takeda Hideo is a fairly famous man here in Japan. Long career in the military as well as in the business world, specifically with the 'war machine' Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Mitsubishi Electronics, etc. He served as company president of the afore-mentioned as well as others. He entered the Naval Academy in 1878, studied in France for two stints, and had a nice service record. He died in 1942. Has some distinguished relatives, too who served in the Army and Navy.

In addition, this particular document was personally signed by Emperor Hirohito in 1940.

Cheers, Rich

Thanks Rich! I figured those docs. were selling high because the person must have been well-known/famous - there couldn't be that many crazy bidders! :lol: Thank you for the knowledge!:beer:

Thanks Rich! I figured those docs. were selling high because the person must have been well-known/famous - there couldn't be that many crazy bidders! :lol: Thank you for the knowledge!:beer:

Sure, no problem.

To some time. I found a Brazilian Commemorative Medal of the First World War. until then had not much value, for lack of sellers ...

I researched it, found it a series done in 1920 in Rio de Janeiro .. I do not know how many were produced (I believe there were many) still will not find very valuable. Because of my little research, today sellers charge very high prices around U.S. $ 900.00! this is absurd!

http://medalhasdeguerra.blogspot.com/search/label/Brasil%201%C2%AA%20Guerra

imgCACODSA3.jpg

img.jpg

Lambert

Edited by lambert

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody tell me this is a rare coin in the lower corner - I have not idea what it is and the picture isn't good, but it must be rare, otherwise this was a pricey Taisho Enthronement medal at ¥28,200!!!

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2011/post-6375-0-80914400-1306684539.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2011/post-6375-0-11038100-1306684556.jpg

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

You guys gettin' bored with this yet?

I wouldn't exactly call these rare, perhaps somewhat uncommon - Gold Special Member's Medal : $157.50!! Nice gilding, but WHEW!