News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Great new book on Iraqi Militaria

2xvetran

Today I received a fantastic self published copy of Bob Misslings new book, Iraqi Militaria Identification Guide with Translations. Bob has been studying and collecting Iraqi Militaria since 2000 and decided to put his knowledge to paper in this wonderful full color 155 page book. Previously, the only guide was another self published book by the late Marty Vaughan. Bob has set a new standard by using full color individual photos and accurate Arabic to English translations to identify many pieces of Iraqi Militaria. The book is nicely bound and will certainly pave the way for this area of collecting to grow. Sections include badges, patches, medals, uniforms, berets, and many other items used by the Iraqi Military. It has items from the Kingdom era through the present day. I would highly recommend anyone interested in this book to contact Bob by PM (bmsm) as there are limited quantities. Below are a few photo's of this wonderful publication, used with Bob's permission of course.

Thanks for sharing your book and knowledge with me Bob. Scott.

2281944750105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

I am trying to buy a copy for my reference, really love the cover page and the layout references of each page. I have been working on a book like Marty's for a longtime, the Word File book I have been working on is almost 230 pages long.

Lorenzo

What is the price of this reference?

Paul,

The price of my book is $49.95 plus shipping. It costs $5.00 for shipping and insurance if sent by Media Mail. It may take a couple of extra days to arrive but is the cheapest way. Priority Mail Flat rate is $10.95 in the U.S. I am only selling to U.S. at this time to see how it goes. For more information or to order, P.M. me.

Bob

Bob,

Got my copy today! YOu did a terrific job on a very big subject! It takes lots of courage to do the "second book" on iraq military stuff (Marty's being the first). Well worth the $$ it was good to get the ID of some of the insignia I didn't know.

Lemme know when you start vol. 2 :)

Chris

Chris,

Glad you liked the book :jumping: A lot of time goes into publishing a book plus it gets expensive doing it in color.

Bob

Bob,

Got my copy today! YOu did a terrific job on a very big subject! It takes lots of courage to do the "second book" on iraq military stuff (Marty's being the first). Well worth the $$ it was good to get the ID of some of the insignia I didn't know.

Lemme know when you start vol. 2 :)

Chris

Paul

Do you think I can send you some money to paypal of $65.00 so you can buy a copy for me I am currently in Iraq so it is hard to get a money order.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Paul

Do you think I can send you some money to paypal of $65.00 so you can buy a copy for me I am currently in Iraq so it is hard to get a money order.

Thank you

Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...

Bob

How are you doing, just want to thank you for all your hard work with the book. I have a great idea for your PDF file on all the pages you made for your book; why don’t you upload tthem to the GMIC Free Library so others can access it free at no charge. This will save you the money and hassle publishing each copy someone buys. This might give others an interest in wanting to collect in this collecting field, thank you and I hope you take this in consideration.

Thank you very much.

Lorenzo

Paul

Thank you

Lorenzo

So, I am guessing that Paul didn't do the Paypal transaction, and now you want the book for free under the premise of accessability to all collectors. I think that it was made common knowledge that Bob had these books published at his own expense (self-published). So, in order to re-coup his cost he must sell the first batch of books, when they are gone and he has recovered his cost, then he could choose to upload the contents for all to see. I myself love the feel of a book in hand rather than a file on my computer. I am certain that we could all help you get a copy if you want one. I would be happy to pick up the postage for a veteran serving in Iraq, just work out the details with Bob on a check or money order. Scott.

Lorenzo,

If Bob is willing to do it, you can paypal the $$ to me and I'll send a check to Bob.

Chris

Paul

Thank you

Lorenzo

I want to thank everyone willing to help; Robert has made an easy way for me to be able to pay for my book. I am really looking forward to getting it here in Iraq so I can go Iraqi Militaria Hunting.

Thank you Robert very much!:cheers:

Lorenzo