Tough handwriting;

Seinem l.(lieben) Bruder Carl

i.f.Erg. (in freundlicher Erinnerung)

St. Quentin, 12.XI. 14

Franz ?ediney (Mediney, Wediney, Nediney, Hediney)

Edited by Naxos

Possibly Geheimer und Oberkriegsgerichtsrat Dr. Franz Medicus of X. Armeekorps? Collar patches look good for a Military Official and he appears to be wearing one rosette on the field officer pattern boards and a cypher (beamten shield)?

Regards

Glenn

Possibly Geheimer und Oberkriegsgerichtsrat Dr. Franz Medicus of X. Armeekorps? Collar patches look good for a Military Official and he appears to be wearing one rosette on the field officer pattern boards and a cypher (beamten shield)?

Regards

Glenn

It definately says Medicus as last name, so I would say a positive identification!

Regards

Glenn

I think Glenn may have found him. He is the only Beamten type Medicus listed in the 1914 Rangliste. He's listed as having the RAO 4th class, KO 3rd class, Landwehrdienstauszeichnung 1st class, Rote Kreuz Medal 3rd class, and the Albrechtsorden RK.