News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thanks Matt -

My secret is to look for mislabelled "Polizei" insignia. Often it's really NSDAP long service stuff. I got the white 25 year mini for about $20. It was mislabelled.

Here are closeups and the backs of the minis with the RZM mark M11/1, reserved for NSDAP insignia. The detail is amazing. There was one size smaller you'll see in the stickpin in the next photo.

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 8 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...

Thought I would add this one to the thread. It has been "sleeping" in my collection for the last 35 years since I acquired it in Germany. I do not easily refer to medals as being "minty", but will make an exception here.

This award has never been worn. The burnished silver areas on the rays and arms of the cross are still shiny and the translucent blue enamelling is flawless. It still retains a lead proof-seal (marked "M") closing the wire inserted through the suspension ring, presumably placed there by the maker to attest to quality - something which I have never seen before on a German Third Reich medal.

There is no marking on the suspension ring, but the compartmentalized case is marked on the reverse with the stamp "RZM M 1/120", being the RZM code for Wilhelm Deumer.

I would appreciate feedback and comments, especially as relates to the lead seal.

Thanks and regards,

John

... browsing through this thread it seems most of us have a complete set of these miniatures - and at least I thought the Gold one was rare, huh? Here's my set:

But I also have what I presume is a late war production of the 15 years miniature award. It's not enamelled but painted and it lacks the reverse legend. But the details is excellent and I somewhat tends to like this more than the normal seen version. Does anybody have similar versions, also of ie the 25 years award?

Gentlemen,

I've had a chat with Lars and he's confirmed that the ring of the 25 NSDAP mini is most probably a "19". Two things strike me as odd here i.e. the design is not consistent with Wiedmann's full size cross and what is that PK-number doing on a mini?

cheers

Peter

Guest WAR LORD

The 25 year minature is an extreemly rare piece. The one shown has a few problems for me. The ring is questionable as is the enamaling. It is possible this is a 15 year minature that has been enhanced. Also to be compleat the ribbon, which also is very rare should be there. I can say in all my collecting time I have only owned 2 of these. Seen no more than another couple.

Guest WAR LORD

The 25 year minature is an extreemly rare piece. The one shown has a few problems for me. The ring is questionable as is the enamaling. It is possible this is a 15 year minature that has been enhanced. Also to be compleat the ribbon, which also is very rare should be there. I can say in all my collecting time I have only owned 2 of these. Seen no more than another couple.