News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 War Decoration

Thanks Paul. I just wish I knew more about it. It is quite attractive.

I agree. The only place I can find it listed is in Prochazka Osterrreichisches Ordenhandbuch, Munchen 1974 no 1130. It describes the badge but unfortunately gives no details of the issue entitlement.

Paul

I agree. The only place I can find it listed is in Prochazka Osterrreichisches Ordenhandbuch, Munchen 1974 no 1130. It describes the badge but unfortunately gives no details of the issue entitlement.

Paul

Based on a recent Lanz of Munich catalogue there appear to be at least two varieties of the badge, one in silver and enamel by G. A. Schied, Hollo Utcza 6, Budapest, hallmarked with GAS monogram on suspension ring and another in bronze-gilt and enamel which is unmarked.

Hope this is of some help

Paul

Based on a recent Lanz of Munich catalogue there appear to be at least two varieties of the badge, one in silver and enamel by G. A. Schied, Hollo Utcza 6, Budapest, hallmarked with GAS monogram on suspension ring and another in bronze-gilt and enamel which is unmarked.

Hope this is of some help

Paul

There was a thread on these a while back - as I recall there was a bronze, silver, sliver with enamel and gold w/ enamel - these were awarded for contributions to the war effort - sort of a War Aid Cross - there was also a ribbon that the medal was suspended on -

So Scott - does this mean we all have more competition for Hungarian Militaria!??

There was a thread on these a while back - as I recall there was a bronze, silver, sliver with enamel and gold w/ enamel - these were awarded for contributions to the war effort - sort of a War Aid Cross - there was also a ribbon that the medal was suspended on -

So Scott - does this mean we all have more competition for Hungarian Militaria!??

Thanks for that I wondered why it was difficult to find much information about it this clears it up a bit.

Paul

Now this i REALLY like!! :cheers:

I usually don't get so easily exited, but this really put a great smile on my face!

A real Hungarian captains uniform in wear, just like my grandfathers! WOW!

Congratulations to the really nice pieces!

Check out the one i have...

http://gmic.co.uk/in...rian-militaria/

Cheers!

Péter Orincsay

Now this i REALLY like!! :cheers:

I usually don't get so easily exited, but this really put a great smile on my face!

A real Hungarian captains uniform in wear, just like my grandfathers! WOW!

Congratulations to the really nice pieces!

Check out the one i have...

http://gmic.co.uk/in...rian-militaria/

Cheers!

Péter Orincsay

Wow! Peter if that was your Grandfather's uniform all I can say is what a great man he must have been. Thanks for sharing. Scott

WOW Scott - that is a very nice uniform and I must say any man living in the 21st century that can still fit into an actual WWII uniform makes me jelous! :cheers:

Thanks Hunyadi. I bought it on a whim not knowing what size it was from the son of the officer who owned it. It was his backup uniform. He was burried in his best uniform with all his medals and full ceremony. His son came acrossed this uniform when he was clearing out his fathers old clothes years later. I got the tunic breeches and belt for less than $100. The hat which is an enlisted soldiers hat dated 1944 was three times the price. When I got the uniform I was amazed to find that it fit me and I'm no small guy either. Of all the uniforms I own it is my favorite. I think it is the most beautiful design and everytime I wear it out I get complements. Scott