News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mystery Medal

The attached image shows a medal in the possessions of SAS Sergeant K Sturmey which has baffled me. It seems to depict the Star of David or is it from Palestine? To the best of my knowledge Ken didn't serve in that area but being in the 1st SAS it might have been a cloak & dagger operation. It may be its not a military medal at all. I've looked through many medal books but still have no answer to it's identity. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi There

Ladybird helped me identify this medal. Look at my content and you will see a similar medal.

Below is the answer I got from Ladybird.

"The 'jewel' is from a Masonic order....

'Order of the Secret Monitor'

or often referred to as 'Brotherhood of David and Jonathan'

This jewel is worn by 2nd degree members. "

Regards

Len van der Walt

Well what a site. Thanks so much for all your help. I've a friend who's a Mason and even he didn't identify it. I've been searching for the answer to this for months and within a few days you've solved it. Great!