News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two Red Cross Merit Medals

Dieter3

I think I've posted this gold one before, but can't find it. Anyway, here it is again, now along with its silver counterpart! I was really pleased to able to find one of each with this interesting case style. No idea when these cases were used, but I'm wondering if they were the predecessor to the modern ones that are pretty common. I haven't seen many of this particular type. Note the rivets on the latch - copper color on the gold order and plain silver color on the other. Can't be certain if that was intentional or not until I see more of these:

Lovely Dieter, thanks for posting.

The Red Cross Merit medals have to be one of the nicest medals around in terms of design.

As for the clasps on the case, just beautiful.

Thanks! I definitely like the incredible variation one finds in the Red Cross awards. I'd like to see a few more with this type of case so I can examine the clasps to see if the gold ones all have the copper-colored rivets. These clasps are very cool, by far the most intricate I've seen on a Red Cross award!