News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 81
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Brian von Etzel

Photograph of my grandfather on the day he won his PlM. He was posing with I assume Corps staff and these two gentlemen off to the far right were both 'fighters'. The photo is dated the day he won the PlM and he is wearing the PlM on that day.

Edited by Brian von Etzel

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

God, THAT is a bloodthirsty one-- looks like the BRITISH soldiers depicted should have ben the ones getting the Wound Badges! speechless1.gifspeechless1.gif

The fact that Landwehr Infantry Regiment 430 mimeographed up a batch of Wound Badge documents preprinted with the 16 October date suggests that they had only just received their first batch of the actual badges then. "Major" Hilgendorf who signed that was, I think, the former Hauptmann dR of Infantry Regiment 30 (in 1907), presumably retired and back on ative duty as a "dR aD" officer (what would be "dR zV" in WW2).

Hi,

I'll add my small collection of Imperial Wound Badges to this thread. I've actually been quite focused in this area for a change. I'll post in two parts. Still looking for a Gold Naval Wound Badge I'm comforatble with. Also want to get some of the rayback examples and some more half-size / prinzen examples.

Regards

Mike K

PS: re the DRGM examples, from what I've seen the black grade is not that uncommon but the silver and gold grades can be tougher to find. Fyi, all 3 grades of the DRGMs below are steel/magnetic.

Edited by Mike K

And for Rick, the doc which came with the black screwback cut-out wound badge - awarded to Reservist Wilhelm Thiesen. I'm pretty sure this is a post-war doc, although the award date is not noted. He also earned the Prussian EK2 on 3 Juli 1917 with 4 Komp Inf R. 81 (a Hessen-Cassel regiment?). He and his wife Anna were both postal workers post war and Wilhelm was promoted to Postbetriebswart in June 1939 (Frankfurt-Main). He also earned the 25 Year Loyal Service Cross.

Regards

Mike K

• 1 month later...