News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Motorcycle officers

speagle

Swedish Police (Note skies on the motor)

Ed

Hello Ed!

BMW R75/5 with skis? Looks like something picked up from the Swedish Army. I haven't seen it in use myself, but somewhere I've come across this ski kit on motorcycle arrangement before, probably some old Army regulations or something from an Army Volunteer organisation. Åre kommun (city council)? - The upper-crust choice of winter fun in Sweden, good ski slopes, but a bit expensive, to say the least...

/Jonas

Edited by GRA

Ed - congratulations on starting such an interesting post - it was exactly what we all had in mind for this World policing section. The variations in equipment, uniforms and machines gives us comparison points.

COME-ON EVERYONE - TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR LOCAL POLICE. (We'll arrange food parcels to you !)

Going back to the pictures - I'm sorry to admit that the British Police look the untidiest and were mostly overweight....

Ed - congratulations on starting such an interesting post - it was exactly what we all had in mind for this World policing section. The variations in equipment, uniforms and machines gives us comparison points.

COME-ON EVERYONE - TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR LOCAL POLICE. (We'll arrange food parcels to you !)

Going back to the pictures - I'm sorry to admit that the British Police look the untidiest and were mostly overweight....

Thanks for your kind words Mervyn.

Here are some more

Danish Police

Ed

Edited by speagle

Mervyn,

Surely you must remember its all the cheese they have been eating!

Hi Ed,

Regarding the first photo of the Air Police with the Harleys, presumably, do you know when it was taken ?

What model and year of motorcycle are they? Are the riders wearing the olive drab flight jacket with the standard issue Air Force Blue uniform ?

Do you have any other dates for the photos you have shown ?

If you happen to come across photos of the uniformed riders to go with the shots of the bikes on their own I would be interested to see them.

It's a good thread and I'm looking forward to seeing any other photos you and others have to post.

Best Regards,

Les

Hi Ed,

Regarding the first photo of the Air Police with the Harleys, presumably, do you know when it was taken ?

What model and year of motorcycle are they? Are the riders wearing the olive drab flight jacket with the standard issue Air Force Blue uniform ?

Do you have any other dates for the photos you have shown ?

If you happen to come across photos of the uniformed riders to go with the shots of the bikes on their own I would be interested to see them.

It's a good thread and I'm looking forward to seeing any other photos you and others have to post.

Best Regards,

Les

REF #17

Hi Les,

Sorry, I don't have a date or location for the photo. They are wearing the silver "MA1" jacket with the blue trousers and bloused boots. That's all the info I have. As far as other pics of officers in uniforms, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for your kind comments. I hope it becomes a very active forum with LOTS of inputs. It may actually encourage folks to take their camera and just go by their local station and snap a couple of pics :-)

Ed