News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pakistan ranks ID required thakyou .

CSW

Hi,

I just got 3 Pakistan Independece medals in the post today and i am not sure of the ranks.Can anybody help me thankyou.The naming on the medals are

1.MUHAMMAD ASHRAF H.C 1885

2.FEROZE KHAN F.C.573

3.1222669 PA NK MOHD ALI KHAN R.P.A.(NK is that nark but i am not sure what P A is)

Hi,

I just got 3 Pakistan Independece medals in the post today and i am not sure of the ranks.Can anybody help me thankyou.The naming on the medals are

1.MUHAMMAD ASHRAF H.C 1885

2.FEROZE KHAN F.C.573

3.1222669 PA NK MOHD ALI KHAN R.P.A.(NK is that nark but i am not sure what P A is)

`NK`is short for `Naik`, which is `Corporal`. Not sure about the PA but I`ll think on it. :rolleyes:

• 5 years later...

Welcome Hashim,

F.C. is foot constable, H.C. is Head Constable. The Pakistan Independence Medal (or PIM) is the latest medal I collect in my collection. I have a few interesting ones including a few East Pakistan Police and a P.O. In the Royal Pakistan Navy. I am desperately looking for a PIM to the Royal Pakistan Air Force.

With best wishes,

Paul

Hashim

Standard PIM but should be RPAF

Here are mine

Pakistan Independence Medal (2205175 H/C Mohd. Ali. P.P.E.)

Pakistan Independence Medal (34138 Sto. 1 Lal Badshah RPN)

Pakistan Independence Medal (1211871 OWA Mohd Sadiq RPA)

Pakistan Independence Medal (6781574 W/Svt Saif Ali P.A.M.C.

Pakistan Independence Medal (SR 215772 Hav/Sh Amir Ali R.P.A.S.C

Pakistan Independence Medal (99064 A/S Mehar Khan P.A.M.C.)

Pakistan Independence Medal (80. ABDUL BARREK. F.C. DACCA)

Pakistan Independence Medal (2170. SOLEMAN KHAN. F.C. DACCA.)

Pakistan Independence Medal (DACCA 1845. MOJIDUR RAHMAN. F.C.)

Pakistan Independence Medal (MYMENSINGH SHAMSUL HUQ. S.I)

Pakistan Independence Medal (CHANDRA KANTA BISWAS. O.S.I. DACCA.)

Pakistan Independence Medal (6845062 S/W.W. Mohd Zaman PAOC)

Pakistan Independence Medal (AT 6556753 S/B Maker Pahalwan R.P.A.S.C)

Groups

Group of Seven, Jemadar Gulab Din 12 Frontier Force Rifles, IGS 1908, 1 clasp, North West Frontier 1930-31 (8479 Sep. 2-12 FFR), IGS 1936, 1 clasp, North West Frontier 1936-37 (Sep.), 1939-45, Burma Stars, War Medal, India War Medal (all unnamed), Pakistan Independence (PJO 16113 Jem.)

Havildar Gulab Din's promotion to Jemadar was announced in the Gazette of India, August 16, 1941 page 1172.

His promotion date was 19 February 1941.

Pakistan and WWII Group of 7 to (3231556 Hav Ghulam Khawaj Din Baluch R.), Pakistan Independence (named),Republic medal 1956,  1939-45, Africa, Italy Stars, Defence and War Medal, these all unnamed

Hope you enjoy.

Paul

• 6 months later...

Hello : The N coul be for Naik . Naik was a rank in the Indian British Army and is one in today India and Pakistan Armies .is the equivalent of the two chevrons rank in the British Army . below Naik stands the lance Naik . 

Hello : The N coul be for Naik . Naik was a rank in the Indian British Army and is one in today India and Pakistan Armies .is the equivalent of the two chevrons rank in the British Army . below the Naik stands the lance Naik . 

9 hours ago, peter monahan said:

Can you give us some context, Hasan?  I assume you mean that 'NT' is a rank, but perhaps seeing the whole inscription will jog someone's mind. Thanks.

Peter 

My apologies for not giving you guys some context. Unfortunately, I don't have much to give you. This is the serial number on my grandfather's Tamgha-e-Jang medals of 1965 and 1971(non-operational service). He was in the 602 EME Workshop of the Pakistan Army. The workshop at the time, apart from military vehicles, maintained the vehicles of the presidential convoy.  I think he was part of the security detail of the compound.

• 5 months later...
    On 04/05/2017 at 22:51, HasanRJ said:

My apologies for not giving you guys some context. Unfortunately, I don't have much to give you. This is the serial number on my grandfather's Tamgha-e-Jang medals of 1965 and 1971(non-operational service). He was in the 602 EME Workshop of the Pakistan Army. The workshop at the time, apart from military vehicles, maintained the vehicles of the presidential convoy.  I think he was part of the security detail of the compound.

Hi Hasan,

It can't be named if the 2 medals you mentioned are the Tamgha-e-Jang 1965 and Tangshan-e-Jang 1971.   They were issued unnamed.    Maybe you meant Sitara-e-Harb 1965 which is named.   So you are aware, only the Pakistan Independence Medal 1947 (PIM) and the Sitara-e-Harb 1965 medals were officially named by the Pakistan Mint.   However, I have seen several examples of the PIM unnamed in the market.

Can you please post a photo of the medal or write here in Full what it says on the medal.    

Regards,

Yasser.

Hasan

An important point: that the Tamgha-e-Jang and Tangshan-e-Jang were issued unnamed.  On the other hand, it is not too unusual to find privately named medals, especially to men of higher rank or those who served for long periods and felt this was worth the expense.  Many years ago, when I persudaded my father-in-law to apply for his WWII medals, they came unnamed of course.  I had them privately named and framed with some badges from the Ferry Command, the organization whith which he flew for 3 years during the war.  So, in the unlikely event that those medals leave the family, they may puzzle someone in the future.