News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2nd Class Spange and Box

Jim,

Nice looking Spange. The box may well be real but it is a generic box, not specific to the Spange, but could be used I suspect for just about anything of a suitable size.

Original period announcements in "Schwert und Spaten" specified the boxes / cartons for each award. For the Clasp to the Iron Cross 2nd Class it is described thus ;

"Karton, grau, f?r die Spange zum E.K. II Kl."

Like this

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for your response!! Nice looking set you have there.

Ideally, the "matchbox" type is what I would like to find. Seems they never come up for sale anymore.

Maybe I'll pass on this one and wait for the correct box.

Thanks much.

BTW, does anyone else have any they would like to show off?? Always love seeing these.

Going through my images files to see what else I have, this is a anice example of the Prinzen sized Spange with instead of the usual two separate prongs, a centrally mounted "split-pin" type prong for fitting through the hole provided in the metal backing plate of a parade mounted ribbon bar."

Again, this is a simple generic LDO box, not specific to the Spange.

Edited by Gordon Williamson

Ohhh.......

I really like that one. Very nice. That's yet another "I need it" piece for the collection.

I don't understand how some of you guys can collect so many different things. It's going to take me years to get everything I want for the EK's, and I may never be able to get an RK. sad.gif But, I guess that's why they call it collecting.

Anymore of these little beauties out there???

• 1 month later...