News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just arrived - Sample board from S & L

Hello,

Thank you for posting these :cat:

It is interesting for me to see that the "Bonner Fahnenfabrik etc... " has used 2 types of lettering to mark their products.

Can you date the A grade badge?, as you have noted that these are all from the same holder (any name known?)

Very nice badges !!!

ps: my first name is Stijn :cheeky:

Sorry Stijn, no idea on the date, don't even know if its a low/high issue number. I thought you were the expert on gliding items :rolleyes:

I don't know who the recipent was either, I bought this lot from a dealer after it was broken up in London a few years ago.

Regards,

Pete

Hello,

Thanks for the reply (please do not call me expert => as i am not some kind of god who is sitting on a clowd and who does know it all. A expert is a person who did make all mistales already once, i do believe that and hope that i still have a lot of space to make some mistakes :P:blush:)

Your A grade badge is a early one, it does bear a low number and i do date it as late 1929 - early 1930's .

Thanks anyway for showing these.

Cordial greetings,

Stijn,

I finally found my Kehrberg book.There is no word on the silver C( international name) or D( German formally used name),just a trainer license D is named.What can be found is that the NSFK did not expect trainees to have the silver C,it is the large glider badge from the NSFK trainees had to qualify for after the C class.Silver C was for those gliders that did gliging on a sports level.Also I must add,the book on gliding is issued in 1934 and the NSFK in 1942,so maybe the silver C was not wished to mention for political reasons.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2009/post-2778-1243092545.jpgThought I'd bring this topic back up so some more cloth badges can be shown.

Edited by Harrier