News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Civil War Medals

Tom D.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the medals and ribbons this soldier is wearing? This is my friends grandfather and I would like to give him some information, but this is really not my hobby area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Tom

Hi Thomas,

Nice portraits of a Major of General Staff while in his service in northernafrican spanish city of Ceuta or Tetuan. I will reseach a bit on his ribbon bar but the medal in de 2nd photo is the Medal Municipalities homage to kings, Alfonso XIII and Victoria Eugenia. I think it is the first ribbon in the bar.

It was created by royal decree of May 17, 1925 to commemorate the homage paid by the municipalities, on 23 January 1925 to Their Majesties Kings of Spain D. Alfonso de Borbón (Alfonso XIII) and Ms Victoria Eugenia of Battenberg, and express commitment to the Crown. Was repealed on December 10, 1931.

Best regards

Francisco

P.S. Thank Thomas for help me out with the Meybauer bomber clasp in the W-A forum; I finally purchased it and its nice