News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ALCON

I found this Feldspangen (Ribbon bar) on a website today. What does everyone think about it? I was trying to see earlier today if it is a possible combination. To me the awards look like:

1) EK2 (1914) w/ 1939 Spange,

2) Crown Order 3X or 4X....possibly a rare device for a HOH3x

3) Baden Zahringer Lion Medal either 1st or 2nd Class with Oakleaf (Staff Officer)

4) Brunswick Merit Medal 2nd Klass (w/ horse device for two years front line service)

5) ? (Austria)

6) Hindenburg Cross with swords

7) SS Long Service 25 year?

8) SS Long Service 12 year?

9) Sudeten Medal

10) West Wall Medal

* Most likely a EK1 (1914)

It looks real to me because of soiled ribbons, but I do not feel its real.. If it is real, then this guy was probably not a frontliner? I thought that the SS did not wear double SS-runes on their long service medals (Against Regs). Plus the SS Runes look a little rough.

If this is a real bar, Who did this man serve with in WW1 and WW2? I feel that it would be an easily identifiable bar.

v/r

ostprussenmann

Edited by ostprussenmann

I'm no expert...but those SS runes look awfully deformed. The first set seems almost squashed on the right hand S, and the first S on the second is missing half it's top. I'm sure the quality control guys wouldn't have let that slip by.

Jason

Hi,

Like Saschaw said, it's a fake ribbon bar. It's interesting to note that the fake use a device usually seen for the Crown Order 4th cl with X and not on the Hohenzollern device.

So with this indication, we have to see a colonial ribbon (China or Africa) and here there is nothing. So, again there is a problem.

Rick R has made some photos about good and fake runes on ribbons. Don't forget to see his work.

Christophe

Hi,

Like Saschaw said, it's a fake ribbon bar. It's interesting to note that the fake use a device usually seen for the Crown Order 4th cl with X and not on the Hohenzollern device.

So with this indication, we have to see a colonial ribbon (China or Africa) and here there is nothing. So, again there is a problem.

Rick R has made some photos about good and fake runes on ribbons. Don't forget to see his work.

Christophe

Christophe, do you have a link to his stuff? I have been trying to find this reference and have not been lucky yet.

Thanks

Jason