News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Parade bayonets... on purpose?

Hi,

I love the KS98 bayonets and recently added a WW1 Era Eichhorn one to the collection.

These are often called Officers Side Arms, but I figured anyone who could afford one....

But here is the kicker.... Wonderful, byooootiful piece.... but the slot on the back is just a mm different from the bayonet post on the rifles... tried a G98, a G88... it does not fit.

it is almost as if they were sold as side arms... but were not really to be used on a rifle..

has anyone else tested this?

Thanks

Chris

In my past life (pre-divorce) I was into bayonets,edged weapons and firearms quite heavily and had a couple of these dress bayonets. Both, if my memory serves me correctly, were only made for show, as Chip has pointed out, and didn't fit any of the German rifles that I knew of or had in the collection.

Regards

Brian

The KS98 private purchase is extremely, etremely close to the issue one inevery respect, quality included... except the groove a a fraction of a MM smaller... you cant see it with the eye, unless the two are together.

I can only think it was done on purpose, maybe only issue bayonets for issue rifles...

The KS98 private purchase is extremely, etremely close to the issue one inevery respect, quality included... except the groove a a fraction of a MM smaller... you cant see it with the eye, unless the two are together.

I can only think it was done on purpose, maybe only issue bayonets for issue rifles...

I've had time to think about this a bit more since I replied to your post and I believe I had a German dress bayonet that actually had no attachment slot. I recall that when I attempted to fit the bayonet such as you have to the rifles in my collection that it would not fit and I said, "[censored, censored and censored :angry: ]"! I'm much more mellow now and seldom say ["censored"]. I would guess this was done so as to eliminate the possibility that the dress bayonet would end up being attached to a rifle.

Imagine how that would spoil a photo of a dress parade. You know how we Germans (ancestors) love our uniformity. :whistle:

Regards

Brian