News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi, I just got this photot in the mailbox , but I cant find anything about a General von Dallwitz ?

Nor in my Rank lists or on the net ....

Could anyone have some info about him or any other officers on the pic ?

Bad Altheide is in Poland so I suppose this should be on the Eastern front 1917

The seller wrote " Gen Dallwitz with Flieger Offiziers"

Christer

Edited by christerd

Hi, I just got this photot in the mailbox , but I cant find anything about a General von Dallwitz ?

Nor in my Rank lists or on the net ....

Could anyone have some info about him or any other officers on the pic ?

Bad Altheide is in Poland so I suppose this should be on the Eastern front 1917

The seller wrote " Gen Dallwitz with Flieger Offiziers"

Christer

Hello Christer:

It looks like General von "Dauwitz" is possibly written and maybe not "Dallwitz".

Best regards

Edited by Schießplatzmeister

Hello Christer:

It looks like General von "Dauwitz" is possibly written and maybe not "Dallwitz".

Best regards

:banger:

Ahh, you are right I read it as Dallwitz but it is Dauwitz !

Thanks , now I have a new name to search for :cheers:

Christer

I think it is Dallwitz.... look at the U in Haupt and Grünberg...

Hello Chris:

Yes, I think that you are correct! After looking through ranklists, etc., the name "Dallwitz" does appear several times. The name "Dauwitz" does not. I have not found this General yet. I will keep looking a bit more.

Best regards

Something is fishy about the names there.

I agree that the name written there is Dallwitz, but there was no General von Dallwitz. According to the 1917 edition of the Gothaisches genealogisches Taschenbuch der uradeligen Häuser, the highest ranking member of the Adelsgeschlecht "von Dallwitz" in 1917 was a Major a.D., Johann Sigismund Günther von Dallwitz, born in 1864. There was a higher ranking civilian: Johann von Dallwitz, the Prussian Minister des Innern from 1910 to 1914 and Reichsstatthalter in Elsaß-Lothringen from 1914 to 1918, but I don't see how you get from a Reichsstatthalter in Strasbourg to a General in Silesia. "Dallwitz" also shows up in the names "Wegner von Dallwitz" (also "Dallwitz-Wegner") and (Reichs-) Freiherr von Canitz und Dallwitz, but no WW1 generals for these either.

But furthermore, I can't find a "von Denne" in any of my sources for German or Austrian officers. Actually, I can't find a family "von Denne" anywhere. And there are lots of Brinckmans, Brinckmanns, and Brinkmanns, but no Brinkmans. Nor Volkamp.

Volkamp, Brinkman and van Denne are Dutch names, though. So there's a possibility for some of them. But no "van Dallwitz"s.

The only lieutenants Trenker I've come across are Austrians.

Maybe someone added false names for some reason?