News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

It seems to be a good ribbon bar but if you can post the reverse it will be better.

About the Austrian ribbon, you have recognize the Austrian Military cross of Merit with wreath decoration, then the Tyrol medal and the commemorative medal for WW1. The last ribbon is the Bulgarian commemorative medal for the war.

Christophe

Edited by Deruelle

The ribbon with the laurel wreath can be a bronze Signum Laudis Medal (Military Merit Medal) too. Before the Bulgarian commemorative medal there is a Hungarian WW1 commemorative medal for combattants.

Regards,

Balazs

Hi,

You are right about the Hungarian commemorative medal.

About the Austrian ribbon with wreath. For me, like there is a Baden ribbon for Zähringen ribbon which may be for the knight cross 2nd class with X, the Austrian ribbon is the MVK3KD and not the Signum Laudis ribbon IMO.

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

In my opinion the wreath was a widely used universal attachment for MVM and MVK3KD too. There were several other methods to denote which medal is it. There were cheaper methods like this one and expensive ones, for example the embroidered wreathes and miniatures.

Regards,

Balazs

I have never seen a wreath denoting a Signum Laudis (as it repeats the "war decoration" wreath used w. MVK but not w. Signum Laudis). Besides, as far as I know, the Signum Laudis was not awarded to foreign military.

Baden's Orden vom Zähringer Löwen + Mecklenburg-Schwerin's Militärverdienstkreuz (or Mecklenburg-Strelitz Kreuz für Auszeichnung im Kriege ???) + Austiran MVK + Tiroler Landesdenkmünze + Hungarian WW1 commemorative medal + Bulgarian WW1 commemorative medal together is an odd combination, indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

You could narrow down the list of names, but I'm not sure how close to 1 you can get. Once the full MMV lists are published, that should allow cross-checking all the Mecklenburg-Schwerin/Baden combinations. The same can be done for the MStK2 when Mecklenburg-Strelitz is finished, but I think Meckl.-Strelitz and Baden is a less likely combination (Meckl.-Schwerin and Baden had a connection in Jag.-Btl. 14 and various Schweriners in the staff of XIV. Armeekorps).

Finding the Austrian Military Merit Cross and a Tirolean connection will be more difficult, but will allow for further narrowing down the list.

As a start, here are a few officers I know had the EK2/BZ3bX/MMV2 combination, and, as far as I know, no other German state awards:

Bergengruen, ____ Hptm., Feldart.-Regt. 30

Bobsin, Otto, Lt.d.R., Mun.-Kol. u. Tr., XIV. R.K.

Langen, ____ von, Olt., Adj. Trains, XIV. A.K.

Reichert, ____, Lt.d.R., Res.-Jäg.-Btl. Nr. 14

Schroer, Heinrich, Olt., Mun.-Kol. u. Tr., XIV. R.K.

Siegert, Alexander, Lt., Drag.-Regt. Nr. 22

Siegert, Ludwig, Lt., Drag.-Regt. Nr. 22

You could narrow down the list of names, but I'm not sure how close to 1 you can get. Once the full MMV lists are published, that should allow cross-checking all the Mecklenburg-Schwerin/Baden combinations. The same can be done for the MStK2 when Mecklenburg-Strelitz is finished, but I think Meckl.-Strelitz and Baden is a less likely combination (Meckl.-Schwerin and Baden had a connection in Jag.-Btl. 14 and various Schweriners in the staff of XIV. Armeekorps).

Finding the Austrian Military Merit Cross and a Tirolean connection will be more difficult, but will allow for further narrowing down the list.

As a start, here are a few officers I know had the EK2/BZ3bX/MMV2 combination, and, as far as I know, no other German state awards:

Bergengruen, ____ Hptm., Feldart.-Regt. 30

Bobsin, Otto, Lt.d.R., Mun.-Kol. u. Tr., XIV. R.K.

Langen, ____ von, Olt., Adj. Trains, XIV. A.K.

Reichert, ____, Lt.d.R., Res.-Jäg.-Btl. Nr. 14

Schroer, Heinrich, Olt., Mun.-Kol. u. Tr., XIV. R.K.

Siegert, Alexander, Lt., Drag.-Regt. Nr. 22

Siegert, Ludwig, Lt., Drag.-Regt. Nr. 22

Dave

I appreciate it. I had to get the bar since it was confirmed a Godet and not a fake. I have never seen a combination like it. Thanks. That is not a bad list list to start with. I was figuring somewhere over 20 names. Understand its not a definte, but a great start.

Jason