News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unofficial Granatwerfer Sleeve Badge

Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 25. Sold on eBay for 128 Euro. I have a photo that shows a Kanonier of an infantry accompanying battery (Infanteriebegleitbatterie) with an embroidered "G" badge at his elbow; the artillerymen of infantry accompanying batteries were trained and equipped as infantrymen.

Never seen a badge like this, though.

Edited by Thomas W

Hi,

Are you sure it is an Infanteriebegleitbatterie? The guys are from a Granatenwerfer 16 group and could have been regular infantrymen part of a regular infantry section? (I must admit, I did not see the stamp on the back of the card though). I cant remember what cuffs they had on their tunics.

Ouch.. I did not think it would go that high!

Hi,

Are you sure it is an Infanteriebegleitbatterie? The guys are from a Granatenwerfer 16 group and could have been regular infantrymen part of a regular infantry section? (I must admit, I did not see the stamp on the back of the card though). I cant remember what cuffs they had on their tunics.

Ouch.. I did not think it would go that high!

Sorry for not being clear. I meant that my own photo shows a Kanonier from an Infanteriebegleitbatterie. This one shows men of from Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 25.

If the German eBay seller had shipped outside of Germany, I would've bought this one, price be damned. I'll have to be content with my own photo, which is nowhere near as clear.

I actually posted parts of my photo before, to try and identify the unit. It turns out that the small "G" badge means he belonged to an Infanteriebegletbatterie, because no other artillerymen were trained to use the Granatwerfer. The weird thing is he has a Württemberg cockade and a Saxon belt buckle.

Edited by Thomas W

Hi,

I checked on the pics I saved. I dont think these guys are Arty.. from the age they just seem to be some granatwerfer Ml 16 guys from a landwehr Inf Unit.

Unfortunately the pics were not good enough to read the unit designation on the stamp.

Best

Chris