News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fenian Raid 1866 Medal

I have found a Fenian Raid 1866 Medal in my mothers old cedar chest, along with some old coins, I was wondering if anyone knows what the medal is worth and where would be the safest place to try to sell it?

The medal is in good condition and has the ribbon and pin still attached. There is engraving on the edge of the medal that says "Pte J. Bruner, N. Ridge R. Co." If anyone has any information that would help, I would appreciate it.

Guest Darrell

He is confirmed in the rolls for medal and clasp.

35 others were eligibe for this medal in that Company.

The price range could be from $700-$800 depending on who wants it bad enough and of course depending on condition.

He is confirmed in the rolls for medal and clasp.

35 others were eligibe for this medal in that Company.

The price range could be from $700-$800 depending on who wants it bad enough and of course depending on condition.

Also Darrell, That is very interesting that you could find out that he was confirmed and how many other guys qualified for this medal. How do you do that?

Thanks Darrell. I am new at this. Do you have any ideas on how I could go about selling this medal?

Guest Darrell

Iris there were 3 clasps awarded to this medal.

Fenian Raid 1866

Fenian Raid 1870

Red River 1870

By far the rarest is the RR 1870 clasp.

A few (very few) were awarded with all three clasps.

As far as selling, most forums have an "e-stand" or selling fora including this one.

Another site that you may decide to join up (free of charge) is this one that specializes in British Medals:

http://www.britishmedalforum.com/

There are many medal dealers out there that buy as well, but I would suggest trying some of these forums first as a method of selling.

Guest Darrell

Ohh ... forgot ... over 16,000 of these were awarded or earned by soldiers taking part in these actions.

A little summary on the medal itself:

http://www.northeastmedals.co.uk/britishguide/canada_general_service_medal.htm

Edited by Darrell

Darrell, Thank you so much for your help. It has been very informative and I appreciate it. Have a great day.

Iris there were 3 clasps awarded to this medal.

Fenian Raid 1866

Fenian Raid 1870

Red River 1870

By far the rarest is the RR 1870 clasp.

A few (very few) were awarded with all three clasps.

As far as selling, most forums have an "e-stand" or selling fora including this one.

Another site that you may decide to join up (free of charge) is this one that specializes in British Medals:

http://www.britishmedalforum.com/

There are many medal dealers out there that buy as well, but I would suggest trying some of these forums first as a method of selling.