News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Persia - Order of the Lion and the Sun

No comments :cool:

attachicon.gif90.jpg

Hi Nick,

I think this beauty has been posted before. See post #262 and # 267 of this thread. The box is an order of the Aghdas and it looks like the top is missing. See post # 100 this thread. A real beauty! :love:

• 3 weeks later...

One more Serbian recipient :D

General Stevan Hadžić (Стеван Хаџић), wiki page in Serbian: http://sr.wikipedia.org/sr/%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD_%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%9F%D0%B8%D1%9B

Apart from Lion and the Sun amazing set of decorations, I would especially point out Russian St. George and St. Vladimir and Romanian Order of Michael the Brave :love:

Edited by paja

You're right, but luckily I was able to find "complete" photo in some book and I just had to scan it and post it here :)

Unfortunately my scanner is not in good shape so the photo is not that great..

Original size.

Makes me feel really proud every time I see one of our guys with that order :)

• 1 month later...

A recent auction by Bonhams had some great Persian medals. This is a very early Lion and Sun medal circa 1820 according to Bonhams. Was in the MacNamara collection. Hammered at $6,030 US.

A very early piece Lion and Sun with diamonds, rubies and emeralds, at Bonhams auction. This piece appears to have been taken off the bidding schedule. Circa 1820 also formally in the Robert MacNamara collection. Estimate was from $24,000 to $32,000US. The painting is rather incredible with a praise worthy mustached lion.

Another Jeweled piece in the Bonhams auction with a medallion that is rather typical of Persian pieces. This one appears to be also withdrawn from the auction. This piece also had diamonds, emeralds and rubies. Estimate was for $19,000 to $24,000 US.

Edited by Markus

Bonhams Auction. A very unique Lion and Sun thought to be Russian made. Gorgeous Medallion painting! Circa 1820 with screw back plate. This medal is also from the former Robert MacNarmara collection. Hammered at $12,060 US.

Edited by Markus

Bonhams auction. A circa 1890 Russian made Breast star with paste stones, military division. The medallion looks Persian made. Eight pointed star would suggest 1st class star. Hammered at $8,422 US.

Edited by Markus

Bonhams auction. A first class breast star with paste stones circa 1880, French made. The medallion looks like a Lemaitre painting. The sun has a nice hair piece, which is pretty rare and early example.

Hammered at $11,055.

• 2 weeks later...