News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Yugoslav Flag with Sash (I Class)

Gentlemen,

I haven't found this order in previous threads, I might have to search better. Anyway, here's my Order of the Yugoslav flag with Sash, 1st of 5 classes, it was founded on 26 November 1947.

It was mostly awarded to foreigners (only 340 pieces out of 1420 were awarded to Yugoslav citizens), for merits in the development of cooperation and friendly relations between the SFRY and other countries, and to Yugoslav citizens for the development of the counsciousness of citizens in the struggle for the country's indipendence.

More informations and comments are welcome, let's revitalize this beautiful section of the forum. :jumping:

40611355.jpg

33661821.jpg

49509970.jpg

44232853.jpg

56671970.jpg

75814742.jpg

30269338.jpg

33499488.jpg

11052846.jpg

Best regards,

Drugo

Drugo, thanks for so many beautiful pictures and details! The order looks great!

I have in my collection the Order of the Yugoslav flag with golden wreath (2nd class) unfortunately only the breast star without necklace.

Strange thing about this order is that the lover the grade is - the rarer it is, so the 5th class is the rearest(!?) Except the 3rd class which

was awarded somewhere about 1440 times, if I'm not mistaking.

Colud someone please tell me what's the approximate worth of my class without necklace. Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Paja

Posted · Hidden by paja, June 3, 2011 - forgot to upload images
    Hidden by paja, June 3, 2011 - forgot to upload images

Sorry, I forgot to post pictures. Unfortunately my camera is broken so I can't post more details, these are the only pictures that I have on my HDD.

Sorry, I forgot to post pictures. Unfortunately my camera is broken so I can't post more details, these are the only pictures that I have on my HDD.

And just one small correction in my previous post I wrote "the lover the grade is.." instead of the loWer :speechless:

Edited by paja

Paja,

nice order! I too find curious that, with this particular order, the lower the class, the less the awarded number, something that goes against common sense. :speechless:

I think it's difficult to establish a price for the star itself, without the necklace, I've never seen it sold separately.

Regards,

Filip

Edited by Drugo

A truly magnificent item, many thanks for sharing :-)

Gentlemen,

I haven't found this order in previous threads, I might have to search better. Anyway, here's my Order of the Yugoslav flag with Sash, 1st of 5 classes, it was founded on 26 November 1947.

It was mostly awarded to foreigners (only 340 pieces out of 1420 were awarded to Yugoslav citizens), for merits in the development of cooperation and friendly relations between the SFRY and other countries, and to Yugoslav citizens for the development of the counsciousness of citizens in the struggle for the country's indipendence.

More informations and comments are welcome, let's revitalize this beautiful section of the forum. :jumping:

40611355.jpg

33661821.jpg

49509970.jpg

44232853.jpg

56671970.jpg

75814742.jpg

30269338.jpg

33499488.jpg

11052846.jpg

Best regards,

Drugo

I picked this one up in the bazaar in Rawalpindi during the height of the Russian occupation in Afghanistan. They had not smeared it with chicken blood to make it more trophy-like.

And speaking of Yugoslav, here's another

Orden Za Vojne Zasluge Sa Zlatnim Macevima 1951 Order for Military Merit, 2nd Class breast star in silver-gilt and enamel, EF

Came in a blue box with medal ribbon.

Edited by Hugh

Could have sworn I'd posted my images of this order, but cannot find it, so here goes...

Orden jugoslovenske zastave

Instituted 26 November 1947 and awarded for outstanding contributions to the development and strengthening of peaceful cooperation and friendship between Yugoslavia and other nations in five classes.

1st Class: Badge (Obverse)