News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal identification

Hello,

I need to identify this medal. It is some kind of unofficial service medal maybe, becouse it looks like civil decoration for long service in the administration, and has the same dimensions without flower like extensions.

Thanks for your replies.

Definitely the monogram of King Leopold II and looks very similar to the Civic Decoration... but after 30 minutes of searching my limited Belgian, general ODM and ribbon bar references as well as the web I can't find an exact match. Hoping someone can ID this one. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Thanks, I´ve also tried very hard to find anything but failed. Here is the reverse, which is the same as front part.

The medal has nice enamels and is made from good quality brass. I think it´s a pre-war (2WW) piece, becouse of it´s quality.

Hello

Maybe you'll find something on this site, I did not have time today to look for.

He is a little tricky to navigate is easy to lose, but it is a good site.

http://www.belgian-medals.com/Archive9.html

Lambert

Thank you lambert,

it's a really interesting site with a lot of amazing belgian decorations, but unfortunately there is no match with my medal at all.

Again, thanks for posting this link;)