Thierry

Order of the Iron Crown 3 kl

Hello,

it's a typical wartime III Class badge of the Order with Kriegsdekoration und Schwertern, made by Wilhelm Kunz of Vienna.

It shows some wear, but it's a fine specimen, not common to see from the mentioned maker.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Hello,

it's a typical wartime III Class badge of the Order with Kriegsdekoration und Schwertern, made by Wilhelm Kunz of Vienna.

It shows some wear, but it's a fine specimen, not common to see from the mentioned maker.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Bonjour,

Thanks Elmar

What's your value ?

Crdl

Thierry

I have seen it on ebay, have i?

i remember i didn't appreciate the rough way the wardecoration (laurel wreath) is fixed to the eagles wings.

regards

josef

I agree with your point of view, Josef; although I didn't see that piece on eBay, since I don't look there often.

The crude fixing of the KD to the eagle's wings is something I've already noticed on pieces made by Kunz.

That piece is of a lower quality, if compared to the ones made by Rothe, Rozet & Fischmeister or Köchert, but surely it is less common to see than those made by the other mentioned makers.

Best wishes,

E.L.