News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Various and sundry ribbon bar devices

• Replies 109
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian von Etzel

Was there a specially designed crown and swords for the beamten band?

Here is the crown on the RAO found on the bar attributed to Karl Graf von Holnstein aus Bayern.

Wow. Who is this Bob guy who has all these perfect examples? :D

Now here's something I really enjoy, devices & mini's! Great idea Bob!!

I've got quite a few, but here are the highlights, grouped together for easier viewing.

I'm not naming all the awards they're on, as I'm sure most of you know 'em already.

If I have a little more time later I'll see if I can't round up some sword devices, which I left out as a whole here. (There's just so damn many of the little buggers! :D )

First, here are a few Crown & Sword Devices, EK devices & a couple of button hole devices as well as a couple swords & "VOR DEM FEINDE" bar....

Edited by Chris Taylor

The next 2 are Wreaths, on Austrian awards, with slight variations to all. The first one has an enameled green wreath on the Austrian Order of the Iron Crown (probably my favorite bar too!)...

Edited by Chris Taylor

Now, only because Bob shared some of his rarer TR devices, I feel obliged to do the same. ;)

Here are my 5 Customs devices.

If these babies are rare, then the first one is the rarest! A cut out variety w/LDO makers mark on the back. I can't recall though if it's L/11 or L/18.

The one next to this is a 3/4 size example, the 3 on the bottom are the standard type, but each with subtle differences....

Just for my education, 1 (stupid ?) question : What lead you to think it is "saxon" ? :blush::unsure:

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

The superfluous EK mini can be found mainly on Saxon ribbon bars, though some examples from Turkey exist also.