News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czechoslovakian Victory Medals

See this item on Ebay, said to be Belgian, but I believe it is a Rare Vic Belgian manufacturing (Manufacturing Riemer) for the Czech. It still has various clips .. No doubt a very interesting Vic!

lambert

Hello Lambert,

Thanks for the link. I would agree; an interesting piece.

Although it is a bit difficult to tell from the overall picture the item does indeed look like a Belgian unofficial type 2 (Riemer) variety. I have seen other pieces that look the same and have the same large ring-cylinder suspender. It also has the correct unwatered ribbon from the period.

It is not altogether unusual to see the Czech produced Belgian vics with ribbon attachments.

Regards,

Rob

Edited by RobW

• Replies 135
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Lambert - these bars were meant to be worn on the Medal of the Revolution...

...As you say, the combination is amazing - this must have been a very nimble fellow.

Bill

Hello Bill,

Yes; what is definitely interesting is the addition of the Revolution Cross bars. While there is a nice spread of bars from the three different countries (France, Russia, and Italy) it is the appearance of the PERONNE bar that catches the eye.

Péronne is situated in the Somme valley, and while this particular bar is mentioned in the Vaclav Mericka reference books it is very rarely seen. That may attribute some of the interest.

All in all a nice piece.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Lambert,

A very nice medal. But that ribbon does look very fragile - will it be easy to find a replacement?

Bill

Hi Bill,

It will not be easy to find a Ribbon original released in good condition, to have seen a replacement ribbon for this medal, but I did not like ..

Lambert

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

My latest acquisition - the French-made version of the Czechoslovakian Vic.

Obverse:

frenchczech01.jpg

Reverse:

frenchczech02.jpg

And the BRONZE and AC triangle on the edge:

frenchczech03-crop.jpg

36.3mm diameter, with a rather faded French ribbon.

Any comments welcome.

Bill

Edited by Bilco

Hi Bill

Fabulous !! congratulations!

Did you know that this kind made ​​in France is more rare than that manufactured in Czech.?

I realized that he has the letters thicker than the Czech version.

Lambert

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

To all,

Do any collectors have any miniatures of the Czech vic?

Regards,

Rob

To all,

Given the lack of any response can I safely assume that no collector has one?

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob ..

Really do not know .. :(

Regards.

Lambert

Hello Lambert,

I have seen some lapel pins with a design of the Czechoslovakian vic but I have not seen a miniature.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob.

I did several searches using key words in Czech

"Medaily prvého víťazstva svetovej vojny" "Náhľad medaily víťazstvo" " prvá svetová vojna"

.. but did not show anything about Vic Czech miniatures or similar medals.

I also looked on Ebay Czech, nothing ...

Maybe I have better luck later.

If I get something, I'll let you know.

Regards

Lambert

• 4 weeks later...

To all,

A recent bay auction finished with this nice czechoslovakian victory medal certificate.

It was awarded to a Sergeant in the Russian Legion and is dated 20 March 1923. Interestingly it also has the vic as well, with a nice unblended ribbon as well.

These award certificates are of such a nice design and are not seen regularly. More pics to follow.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Both medal and certificate look to be in excellent condition. A great win!

Bill

Hello Bill,

I wasn't bidding on these items and hence didn't win them, as I already have certificates for all three of the Legions.

I waited for the auction to finish and just posted them for the information of the group. I would agree, however, that both the medal and the certificate are in good condition. Certificates from any of the legions are not easy to come by, and moreso in good condition.

Regards,

Rob

Edited by RobW