News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Brazilian Victory Medals

• 4 months later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 1 month later...
    On 14/09/2020 at 13:42, graham said:

Sumserbrown, do you think it might be a re-issue?

No, it's an authentic Type 2 .

On 14/09/2020 at 13:00, sumserbrown said:

If any of you are looking for one there seems to be a Brazilian vic for sale at Mercado Livre right now....

Screenshot (20).png

Hello All.

This Vic Brazil is authentic, type 2. I already had negotiations with her, before the start of the Pandemic, but the seller did not close the deal. now she is extremely expensive.  

• 6 months later...

Some years ago an old patient of mine- Im a doctor - show me your collection. He had the Brazilian medal for the WW1 who belong to his grandpa. But you father decided years ago to cut the holder so the medal can fit in a coin's collector book. Ok, no big deal.  When he died, her wife decided to present me with the medal, but she decided - for my despair!! - to polish it and put a new holder after she pierced a new hole on it (!!!!). She said "the medal is now a decent present to you, not that piece of trash my husband had". 

Ok, now I have this medal, but I like it a lot, as it have all this histories behind.

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Graham,

Without close-ups of the obverse/reverse it is difficult to tell from the posted pics.

Give-away points are the J.S. marking on the obverse and the diacritic markings on the reverse. The images posted by Lambert on 13 November 2013 has a couple of well-lit pictures which can help with identifying the close-up details required.

Having seen one or two of these items close-up it looks okay but you would really want to obtain some close-up pics before making any decision.

Regards from Australia,
    Rob

• 1 year later...

Boa dia! . 

Hello everybody.
    after a long time without any news, I found something in a KÜNKER auction catalog, something interesting. I did some research but didn't find anything (besides pictures of the singer...😂 )
    I've never really read anything about this reproduction.. did anyone already know this?

Regards

Lambert 

ops... 

Taylor's copy , does anyone know more?

copy.jpg

To echo Paul's point,

Without better resolution images it will be difficult to see the designers initials on the obverse, nor the marks on the lettering on the reverse. Using the term 'tailors copy' is seen more frequently in older Great Britain medals, and those made in the Indian sub-continent.

Noting the ribbon is not the correct french type, but looks moreso of the Great Britain variety it is going to be difficult to tell. There are no shortage of modern and less than modern reproductions so buyer beware.

If anyone obtains larger images from Kunkers please post them.

Regards,

Rob

It is possible the term tailor's copy denotes the genuine type without initials, worth asking Michael Autengruber, who does the ODM at Kunker, is extremely nice and I am sure he would try to  oblige with sharper images  if asked.

Paul