News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Lambert,

Yes; it is the wide variety that makes collecting these items interesting. When I have time I will post a pic of an Italian war commemorative mini with four dated year bars.

Regards,

Rob

• Replies 227
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Lambert,

While a little off-topic, here is the miniature italian war commemorative medal. It is part of a larger mini group of 5, including a vic, that I am re-constructing.

It is maker marked 'S J' (Stephano Johnson) immediately below the wreath on the central bottom of the obverse. In addition the designers mark 'S.C' for Silvio Canevari is to the right, as viewed, of the bust of the King.

Such detail from a miniature only 18mm in diameter is good workmanship.

The dated year bars are also a nice design.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob

There seems to be several sand casted Vic's medal for sale on ebay by same dealer, check them and see if you agree? They are not marked as modern reproductions - Feb 1, 2012

Italian Item number: 250985646621

Greek Item number: 250985650285

Cuban Item number: 260946754425

Hello Lambert,

While a little off-topic, here is the miniature italian war commemorative medal. It is part of a larger mini group of 5, including a vic, that I am re-constructing.

It is maker marked 'S J' (Stephano Johnson) immediately below the wreath on the central bottom of the obverse. In addition the designers mark 'S.C' for Silvio Canevari is to the right, as viewed, of the bust of the King.

Such detail from a miniature only 18mm in diameter is good workmanship.

The dated year bars are also a nice design.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob.

Thanks for sharing.

I am interested in getting more mini-group, maybe later ...

Lambert

I have noticed this bidder, bids on a lot of things. When he sets his mine to the fact that he wants it, he put a very high number so matter what you bid you will lost. He just won all four items and all four are sand casted items?

1. Cuban sand casting = $236.50 item # 260946754425

2. Greek sand casting = $224.50 item #250985650285

3. Italian sand casting = $52.02 item #250985646621

4. Siam sand casting $235.95 ( the sand cast was of the repro medal not the original one). item #250985637512

I post this to say to all members if you need help in ID-ing something reach out to one of the many forum members for a second opinion by sending them a email.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - another poor casting. Pitted and low on detail.

Bill

It is still marked. "made in france"

Lambert

Hello Bill & Lambert,

The French firm of M. Delande (Paris) produced reproductions, including cast copies, of all the vic series. This was during the late 1920s and early 1930s timeframe.

The requirement for medals to have their country of origin was due to the US Tariff Law of 1931. In that regard there appeared to be nothing wrong with that particular cast Italian reproduction.

Regards,

Rob

Edited by RobW

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...

Hi Gents,

My latest acquisition is the Czech-made Italian vic Unofficial type 1:

czechitaly01.jpg

Obverse

czechitaly02.jpg

Reverse.

It seems to be relatively crudely made, with the staffa a little off-set from the central position - particularly noticable in the reverse view. Diameter 34mm, and what looks like a Czech-style ribbon.

Any comments welcome.

Bill

Hi Gents,

My latest acquisition is the Czech-made Italian vic Unofficial type 1:

It seems to be relatively crudely made, with the staffa a little off-set from the central position - particularly noticable in the reverse view. Diameter 34mm, and what looks like a Czech-style ribbon.

Any comments welcome.

Bill

Hello Bill,

A nice piece. These examples are becoming harder to find even in Italy. Interesting that it has a unblended ribbon.

Regards,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a Italian Victory Medal that is dated 1915 - 1918. If you do please post a photograph of it. Thank you

Quelqu'un at-il une médaille de Victoire italienne qui est daté de 1915 à 1918. Si vous ne vous plaît envoyer une photographie de celui-ci. merci

Er der nogen der har en italiensk Victory medalje, der er dateret fra 1915 til 1918. Hvis du er du sender et foto af det. Tak

Hat jemand einen italienischen Sieg-Medaille, die 1915 datiert ist - 1918. Wenn Sie bitte eine Fotografie davon. Danke

Υπάρχει κάποιος που έχει ένα ιταλικό Μετάλλιο νίκης, που χρονολογείται από 1915 έως 1918. Αν δημοσιεύσετε μια φωτογραφία παρακαλώ του. σας ευχαριστώ

Qualcuno ha una medaglia italiana Vittoria che è datato 1915-1918. Se si prega di inviare una sua fotografia. grazie

Har noen en italiensk Victory Medal som er datert 1915 til 1918. Hvis du vennligst poste et bilde av det. Takk

Alguém tem uma medalha da vitória italiana, que é datado de 1915-1918. Se você, por favor postar uma fotografia dela. obrigado

Har någon en italiensk Victory Medal som är daterad från 1915 till 1918. Om du inte skicka vänligen ett fotografi av den. Tack

¿Alguien tiene una Medalla de la victoria italiana que data de 1915 a 1918. Si usted por favor enviar una fotografía de ella. Gracias

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jim.

I do not know this kind, some model is dated to 1915-1918 Vic's Italian?

I know that some diplome of the commemorative medal for 1915-1918, authorized the use of the medal or Allied Victory together.

diplomecometintea.jpeg

Diploma Commemorative Medal 1915-1918 with additional comment (see below) allowing the wearing of the medal or Allied Victory: so this is a "double degree".

diplomecometinte.jpeg

Regards

Lambert

Edited by lambert

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon Oliver.

Welcome!

I hope you have many things to share with us.

Eager to see his medals .. Remember to put them on your topic for each country. any questions, please contact us.

Best Regards

Lambert

Hi Oliver

FM Lorioli & Castelli-Milano is the maker, G.Villa was the person who made the dies for making the medal. Gaetano Orsolini designed the medal, you will see Orsolini MOD on Italalian VM's to the left of the makers name.

Depending on the VM type you will see a difference in makers name, designers name and die sinkers name.

Steve

Hello!

You do not understand!

There is an official type 3 by Laszlo.

On the obverse left of the inscription "ORSOLINO MOD." Right in two lines «F.M. LORIOLLI & CASTELLI MILANO ».

The reverse "G.Villa" is missing.

And there is the same type, but in reverse "G.Villa"?

Oliver

Good day!

I am from Russia. I collect medals Victory WWI.

Today received two medals!

Hello Oliver,

Welcome to the forum and to our small group of vic enthusiasts. I am sure that you will find much assistance and help from like-minded collectors here.

Regards,

Rob