Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody. I'm proposing not the medal itself, which is the well known Sacchini's version with its envelope, but the temporary authorization to use the medal. This document is not very common, since it was always changed with the official diploma as soon as possible. It is just a small piece of paper, dated 1928 from Perugia in this case.859.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen,

The Italian Victory medal unofficial type 3 is very rare...
I know only two collectors in Italy who have it,
one of this medal is in bronze, the other in white metal,
These medals have the "staffa" as a suspension device...
The medal in my photo is the one mentioned by Laslo on page 57 (note 18)

"The unofficial type 3 obverse design also apears on a Belgian medal of the period. ..."  

The reverse is blank

The suspension device is a ball

The ribbon is the same described by Laslo (note 18)

and it is the only medal I've seen of this type.

Can we consider this medal like "Italian unofficial type 3-A ?

unofficial italy.jpg

unofficial italy rev.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hello David,

Don't forget to try and obtain the variety that doesn't have a makers name.  It is listed as the official type 4.  It is harder to obtain than the other three but is out there in the marketplace.

Regards,
Rob

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
On 14.01.2017 at 22:29, davidck said:

После долгих охоты, я закончил свою коллекцию из трех вариантов итальянской медали Lorioli в.

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

 

Hello! 2 and 3 photos are the same! Yours faithfully!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 11/14/2016 at 01:10, claudio2574 said:

Hello everybody. I'm proposing not the medal itself, which is the well known Sacchini's version with its envelope, but the temporary authorization to use the medal. This document is not very common, since it was always changed with the official diploma as soon as possible. It is just a small piece of paper, dated 1928 from Perugia in this case.859.jpg

Hello Claudio,

I have also seen these initial victory medal authorisation documents glued onto the corresponding diploma for the Italian War Medal 1915-1918 (Medaglia Dell Guerra 1915-1918). There is, as you have suggested, great variety in these authorisation documents.

Regards,
Rob

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 04:03, davidck said:

I was only aware of three.  Can someone post a comparison of the four types?

Hello David,

As far as a comparison picture is concerned, if you go back through this particular thread there are numerous pics of all the 4 common varieties. A specific composite picture is at post #15 with a close-up of the two different F.M. Lorioli-Castelli varieties at post #19. I have stopped posting my collection but there are numerous other illustrations in this thread which show the level of detail and differences between the varieties which can help you.

Here is a pic of the official 'type 4' (This is not in my collection).

Regards,
Rob

it-04.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 18/02/2018 at 17:53, davidck said:

Thanks Rob, I actually do have an example of the Type 4, and three variants of the Lorioli variety.  Macchianera seemed to indicate there was a 4th Lorioli variant, which I was unaware of.

yes the Lorioli's variants are four;
Type 4 without signature is another medal

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi macchianera72 - if there is no signature (by which I guess you mean the manufacturer's name) how do we know it is by Lorioli & Castelli? I have one, but always understood that the manufacturer is unknown.

Bill

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bilco said:

Hi macchianera72 - if there is no signature (by which I guess you mean the manufacturer's name) how do we know it is by Lorioli & Castelli? I have one, but always understood that the manufacturer is unknown.

Bill

Hi Bill,
There are 4 different Lorioli & Castelli  models with the signature.

For your medal without signature, please send me some pictures, I hope I can identify them...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 11/12/2016 at 15:17, macchianera72 said:

Hello Gentlemen,

The Italian Victory medal unofficial type 3 is very rare...
I know only two collectors in Italy who have it,
one of this medal is in bronze, the other in white metal,
These medals have the "staffa" as a suspension device...
The medal in my photo is the one mentioned by Laslo on page 57 (note 18)

"The unofficial type 3 obverse design also apears on a Belgian medal of the period. ..."  

The reverse is blank

The suspension device is a ball

The ribbon is the same described by Laslo (note 18)

and it is the only medal I've seen of this type.

Can we consider this medal like "Italian unofficial type 3-A ?

unofficial italy.jpg

unofficial italy rev.jpg

interall-2-recto.jpg.3f9a9fcc743efe3fe26f424a69465e2a.jpg

interall-2-verso.jpg.95b2bb7d9f8adc805f653d57a0a46671.jpg

italiavar2.jpg.ff078334188ca19e37e400f366f6a8fd.jpg

interall3.jpg.01470c14d8d5938ca44df69aee86d42d.jpg

its variety does not have the back of the medal, I got a picture of this example and the illustration of a book showing the variations of the Italian VIC.

 

Lambert

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...

Thanks for all the information in this thread.

Below are my three Italian Victory medals: -

Firstly - EMILIO SACCHINI  

00.thumb.jpg.6ef2ebd5af68aedaff83d50a9eb2aa5d.jpg

0.thumb.jpg.002039ccef3e4c9c5361514640e1e4a2.jpg

 

Second - S. JOHNSON

00.thumb.jpg.097294bb0e092dd30b8b9eefb56212c0.jpg

0.thumb.jpg.c202a18ed7218ccbe568105e171257f3.jpg

 

Lastly F.M. LORIOLI & CASTELLI

00.jpg.83d32248d826bae3938379fc54891956.jpg

0.jpg.7ab4093b00bf496ebd98530a993a818e.jpg

 

I believe them all to be Official medals.

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Blog Comments

    • Sounds great other than the Orange & Mango squash only because I prefer cran-pomegranate juice.
    • "(...) disgusting herbal concoction (...)" I took note of this description, to enrich my otherwise limited, English "Wortschatz"...
    • At work the standard indian tea such as PG tips is referred to as chimp tea. This goes back to the days when we had a Spanish girl working for us whose command of the English language was extremely limited. One lunch she said she was going to the shop could she get anything. I asked if she could get a pack of tea bags. She returned with some disgusting herbal concoction. I tried to explain what was required but without success. I then remembered PG tips had a picture of a chimpanzee on the packe
    • When I read Lapsang Souchong i decided to post something about these Tea . Many years ago I dont  know about Lapsang until I read James Michener book Centennial and the description of the savour of the Lapasang as a mix of tar and salt & smoked made me proof . It was exact ! and i liked it since then .
    • I have been known to drink Lapsang Souchong and Tea, Earl Grey, Hot... both "without pollutants". I normally have one mug of coffee in the morning, then spend the rest of the day drinking Orange & Mango squash (by the pint). Then evening comes and it's a pint, followed by red wine with dinner and sometimes a drop of Laphroaig afterwards.
×
×
  • Create New...