Other Victory Medals / Related Items

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 23.01.2017 at 15:41, lambert said:

Hello welcome !

I do not know much, but it is a medal on the small participation of Argentina in World War I, probably help with the Argentine Red Cross.

lambert

Thank you. I thought that this medal a veteran union Argentine volunteers who fought in Europe.

Argentina remained Neutral during the First World War, I have no information about Argentine volunteers, except the volunteers of European decendence (Germans, French, English, etc.) who received the call of the mother country.

I researched a little more, The medal has no connection with the of World War I.

http://www.bibliomedicinadigital.fmed.uba.ar/medicina/cgi-bin/library.cgi?a=d&c=medallas&d=Medalla_0734

here

582155_JOMSA_Vol57_1_25.pdf

Lambert

4 hours ago, lambert said:

Argentina remained Neutral during the First World War, I have no information about Argentine volunteers, except the volunteers of European decendence (Germans, French, English, etc.) who received the call of the mother country.

I researched a little more, The medal has no connection with the of World War I.

http://www.bibliomedicinadigital.fmed.uba.ar/medicina/cgi-bin/library.cgi?a=d&c=medallas&d=Medalla_0734

here

582155_JOMSA_Vol57_1_25.pdf

Lambert

Thank you very much.

16 hours ago, Ura87 said:

I think this medal is not considered. "Medalla de los Voluntarios Catalanes 1914-1918" https://historiayculturamilitar.wordpress.com/tag/unio-catalanista/

miles-gener-08-347.jpg

miles-gener-08-349.jpg

diploma-voluntaris-catalans.jpg

Spain remained neutral during the war but many Catalan volunteers enlisted in the French Army, Belgian and Foreign Legion .

http://www.medailles1914-1918.fr/espagne-accueil.html

It is related to the Great War. The medal is very scarce, but there are many recent copies. So be careful.

Lambert

• 11 months later...

treaty of versailles table medal 54.8 mm dia, 3.5 thick , japanese origin, designer  sato/lidi silver and bronze. obverse  flags of allied powers within a wreath. reverse peace, personified by woman holding an olive branch, background view of palace of versailles.

Scan_20180117 (9).jpg

Scan_20180117 (10).jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...