News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

St George cross class I

simpi01

Hello,

I am new on this forum and I was wondering if there are members interested in a gold St george cross I class (pictured below), but also a thrid class and 4th class of the same order. I also have a few regimental badges and medical doctor badge and many more. I am trying to sell this and do not like dealing wwith ebay or other sites.

Thank you for your time,

Simpi01

Dear simpi01,

if you want to sell these interesting and rare awards, you must make a good-quality photos (is a very many fakes in market today). With bad pictures, you don't find a buyer :shame: ...

Look here ;) post 5 http://gmic.co.uk/in...t-george-cross/ )

Regards,

Indeed, barzda is quite correct about needing large, good-quality photos. There are a lot of fakes out there.

Barzda isn't the only one interested in what you have to sell.

Thank you for your inputs, however I have a question, how do you display good pictures when you are only allowed 150k per post? When I take a picture it is about 5Mb and I have to reduce the size. maybe somebody can give me an idea!

Simpi01

Thank you for your inputs, however I have a question, how do you display good pictures when you are only allowed 150k per post? When I take a picture it is about 5Mb and I have to reduce the size. maybe somebody can give me an idea!

Simpi01

Actually, it is only 120k.

I can only suggest to change the setting on your camera from High Resolution (High pixel count) to a lower setting. Yes, you will lose some quality, but you have to compensate by taking many close-ups with great lighting.

Ultimately, if someone is interested I would whoops, I mean "we" will ask for more photos, along with weights, measures and sound (????? -real St. George crosses have an distintive sound when dropped lightly on a table top)

Hello everyone,

it seems there are some questions regarding the autheticity of these two St george orders (one is class I the other class III). If anyone has any comments regarding them I would appreciate, as I am sure there are 100% authentic.

Thank you,

Hello everyone,

it seems there are some questions regarding the autheticity of these two St george orders (one is class I the other class III). If anyone has any comments regarding them I would appreciate, as I am sure there are 100% authentic.

Thank you,

Hello simpi01;

I always enjoy looking at medals and militaria. The items intrigue me, both in-of-themselves and who made them, how they were used or awarded, how the recipients received them and kept them for decades until they were passed on from family member to family member until the family doesn't want it anymore and sells it. May I ask how long you had these crosses? Where did you get them?

Thank you,

Hello simpi01;

I always enjoy looking at medals and militaria. The items intrigue me, both in-of-themselves and who made them, how they were used or awarded, how the recipients received them and kept them for decades until they were passed on from family member to family member until the family doesn't want it anymore and sells it. May I ask how long you had these crosses? Where did you get them?

Thank you,

Hi Claudius,

I inherited these items, together with a whole collection of other orders and medals (chinese, romanian, mongolian, russian, bulgarian, polish, USSR), and I must say I sold quite a few romanian orders and chinese (of finest quality and 100% authentic (I have some very satisfied customers - I just got an email from china from somebody who purchased a chinese order, quote from e-mail 'today i receive parcel about order. it is so nice, thanks' - not my english, a whle back, together with another colllection of US Morgan Silver dollars and more coinage. So I don't know too much about the provenance of every item in this coollection, but my great grandfather was a colonel in the romanian aviation, and the story goes that he got these 3 crosses as a war trophy during the war, together with other trophies from the russians. He emigrated to the US when the commies took over, and he brought his collection (mostly romanian - Aeronautical Virtue class I,II and III, Michael the Brave class I, II, Order of merit, orders of the star of romania(breast star, commander, officer) and other royal medals). During the years he collected more and more, however I am not into collecting so I was trying to sell the item to people that might appreciate them better. So based on the feedback received from the people I sold items and the little history I know about them I am quite sure they are 100% real.

Regards,

Simpi01

In my opinion, both of these crosses are poor quality FAKES :angry:

My English is not good, I cann't explain better, but you can compare pictures of original crosses with mr.simpi01 crosses. I think, only a blind not see the difference .....

Regards,

1 sl. cross:

Edited by barzda

Hi Claudius,

I inherited these items, together with a whole collection of other orders and medals (chinese, romanian, mongolian, russian, bulgarian, polish, USSR), and I must say I sold quite a few romanian orders and chinese (of finest quality and 100% authentic (I have some very satisfied customers - I just got an email from china from somebody who purchased a chinese order, quote from e-mail 'today i receive parcel about order. it is so nice, thanks' - not my english, a whle back, together with another colllection of US Morgan Silver dollars and more coinage. So I don't know too much about the provenance of every item in this coollection, but my great grandfather was a colonel in the romanian aviation, and the story goes that he got these 3 crosses as a war trophy during the war, together with other trophies from the russians. He emigrated to the US when the commies took over, and he brought his collection (mostly romanian - Aeronautical Virtue class I,II and III, Michael the Brave class I, II, Order of merit, orders of the star of romania(breast star, commander, officer) and other royal medals). During the years he collected more and more, however I am not into collecting so I was trying to sell the item to people that might appreciate them better. So based on the feedback received from the people I sold items and the little history I know about them I am quite sure they are 100% real.

Regards,

Simpi01

Thank you Simpi01 for showing us your 100% crosses.

This cross is in our family for at least 65 years and I don't think they were faking them back then, so as far as I am concerned it is 100% real..

Ah, but I am reminded of what you said earlier. Your great grandfather brought back items from the war and then emigrated to the US.

Then, "over the years he collected more and more" and you (personally) were not "into collecting". You then weren't interested in the items he collected.

Isn't it possible, just possible, that he collected these St. George crosses long after his Romanian aviation days? From your view point the crosses he purchased recently are mingled in with the items he had for over 65 years. There wouldn't be any particular way to separate them.

[i empathize with you...really I do. I have two Imperial Russian badges that I purchased over 20 years ago from a small Hamburg military shop. I was sure that they were authentic, how could they not be? I even posted them on this forum, but I later learned that they were quality repros that were made around that time. Some experts were even fooled until new "tells" were discovered and they were found on my badges. That stung to learn that hard truth.]

This cross is in our family for at least 65 years and I don't think they were faking them back then, so as far as I am concerned it is 100% real..

Do you really not see the obvious differences :banger: between your crosses and the original ???

strange man....... you can believe in "it is 100% real..", this is your problem :D

Edited by barzda

The biggest give away on these not being right are the numbers as pointed out by another member - they always look wrong like this on the copies as opposed to the clearly stamped imperial ones ( even if the medals are worn down) - this is also why you see so-called 'rare' versions with different sized numbers used (purely for the fact that the fakers aren't able to get hold of the corect size & style ones). A lot of 1st & 2nd class St.George crosses appeared on the market about 20 years ago, the funniest thing was that they had all been cast from the same originals & therefore all had the same numbers :speechless: