News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish-American War medal

It's been reribboned on a split brooch (should be on a wrap brooch). The surface looks odd and I suspect that it's a new strike that has been chemically treated. At $38, it's too expensive for a new strike and too cheap for an old strike.

It's been reribboned on a split brooch (should be on a wrap brooch). The surface looks odd and I suspect that it's a new strike that has been chemically treated. At $38, it's too expensive for a new strike and too cheap for an old strike.

[/

Your advice is good enough for me, Jeff. Thanks.

Edited by Obergefreiter

Guest Darrell

Looks like a prize from that e-bay seller from Virginia, now Mt. State (?)

If its this guy ... stay away. He sells almost nothing but fakes.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/N...=item33690411a7

RARE items that no one else has for prices that are hard to believe ... for the uneducated that is ....

Edited by Darrell

Looks like a prize from that e-bay seller from Virginia, now Mt. State (?)

If its this guy ... stay away. He sells almost nothing but fakes.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/N...=item33690411a7

RARE items that no one else has for prices that are hard to believe ... for the uneducated that is ....

Yes, that seller is notorious for selling fakes. Also, keep in mind that you can buy all kinds of brooches on eBay now and that makes things even harder.

Tim

Those of us who sell real medals from Virginia prefer NOT to be confused with Mr. Shank, the seller from WEST Virginia.

Actually I wasn't thinking of Mr. Shank, whoever he is. But his last name does begin with the letter S. Wha'ts the story on this Shank charactrer, anyway?

Actually I wasn't thinking of Mr. Shank, whoever he is. But his last name does begin with the letter S. Wha'ts the story on this Shank charactrer, anyway?

Michael Shank operates on eBay as MCSTLS, based in Huntington, West Virginia. He is the son of George Shank, who operated the business before him. Shank sells an array of bogus WWI Victory Medals, UN Korea Medals, NACA/Medals, oversized Coast Guard Good Conducts, Nickel Crosses, Sampson Medal, Dewey Medals, etc, etc. I'm not sure I've ever seen a real medal among his stock.

Michael Shank operates on eBay as MCSTLS, based in Huntington, West Virginia. He is the son of George Shank, who operated the business before him. Shank sells an array of bogus WWI Victory Medals, UN Korea Medals, NACA/Medals, oversized Coast Guard Good Conducts, Nickel Crosses, Sampson Medal, Dewey Medals, etc, etc. I'm not sure I've ever seen a real medal among his stock.

Interesting. I thought we might be talking about Mr. Schneider and his "treasures".

Edited by Obergefreiter

• 11 months later...