News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Border Guard Related Insignias.

"PENTRU MERITE IN PAZA FRONTIEREI"

"M.S" marked broach pin attachment of the Romanian Mint.

Stylized outline of Romania with red and white stripes,

with R.S.R. Border marker and flag in National Colours.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Kevin,

Nice find. The choice of red and white is a bit strange. I have this badge from the same period; same "read" as well. Mine's a screw back. I wonder what the difference was as far as the award criteria went.

Hallo Greg, :beer:

long time no hear :P nice looking insignia you have too, the background colours on the one I posted, in someway remind me of the ribbon for the 50th Anniversary of the Romanian Communist party medal, however the medal ribbon stripes are not outlined in gold. :lol:

No idea as yet, what criteria was involved, probably good service, work practice, etc.. etc..

Lets also remember the "period" was from 1964 - 1989 so its not impossible for a few design variations to exist in my honest opinion.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Good point regarding the 50th Anniversary PCR connection, Kevin. I had not thought of that. And, of course, the many design variations that were produced during the RSR period. Come to think of it, weren't the hinged gates (the one's that were lowered) at the crossings painted in red and white? Been a while since I saw one.

• 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...